Director, Visa Consulting & Analytics, Retail
- Foster City, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The location for this position can be flexible. For example, there are Visa locations in Bellevue, WA, New York, NY, Atlanta, GA, Ashburn, VA, Highlands Ranch, CO, Austin, TX, Miami, FL and Charlotte, NC.
Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA) drives tangible, impactful and financial results for Visa’s network clients, including both financial services and merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, brand management, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, Visa Consulting and Analytics solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
The US Consulting Practice within VCA provides consulting and solution services for Visa’s largest issuers and merchants in the United States. We apply deep expertise in the payments industry to provide solutions to assist clients with their key business priorities, drive growth and improve profitability. The VCA team provides a comprehensive range of consulting services to deliver solutions that address unique challenges in areas such as improving profitability, strategic growth, customer experience, digital payments and managing risk. This person will be also be responsible for co-driving the VCA Retail Segment P&L by identifying, planning and delivering on new business opportunities and building trusted client relationships.
The VCA team is looking for a Director to join our consulting practice and play a role developing high impact projects for Visa’s clients in the North America region. The potential candidate will be responsible for delivering and implementing projects and solutions with Retail Merchant Partners. This person will develop initiatives to promote sustainable and profitable growth, thereby ensuring that Visa is both, the preferred brand and unique business partner.
Potential engagements could include areas such as customer strategy, benchmarking analysis, customer life cycle management and optimization, loyalty measurement, design, and optimization, channel and market strategy and optimization, co-brand and merchant partnerships, and payments strategy.
Essential functions include:
· Developing frameworks, approaches and recommendations that effectively address the most relevant opportunities and challenges of our merchant clients
- Generating actionable insights, analyses and solutions that will help clients to evolve and grow their co-brand portfolios and to improve merchant engagement in their core business
· Leading consulting initiatives, managing cross-functional project teams and delivering upon engagement commitments
· Building and managing a project pipeline for our Retail Segment clients, from identifying potential opportunities through scoping and selling the associated engagement
· Understanding Retail Segment dynamics, Merchants’ business models, product offerings and demonstrating knowledge of their core business and competitive differentiation
· Partnering with the Account Team to identify engagement opportunities that build on client’s priorities and address their unique pain-points
· Becoming a trusted partner to the Account Team and a key contributor to nurturing and building the client relationship
- Collaborating with peers in other functional areas (e.g., merchant’s sales and solutions, marketing, sales, risk, innovation) and across global and regional teams to execute projects using the breadth and depth of Visa’s resources
- Creating Retail Segment specific insights, collateral and building scalable solutions, toolkits and best practice documents that can be applied across the broader VCA practice
· Engaging with Visa MSA teams in regular strategic & planning discussions
Incumbents applying for the role should be self-motivated, highly energized and detail-oriented individuals. Candidates must be able to develop enduring, strategic relationships with internal and external clients and across the Visa organization. This is an individual contributor role, reporting into a Senior Director within VCA.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD.
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 5+ years of relevant experience at a leading management consulting firm playing account roles in both sales and delivery for Retail strategy and analytics type engagements
- Prior experience in Visa Consulting and Analytics, with Visa or clients of Visa client engagements is a plus
- Strong Retail Industry omni-channel experience and knowledgebase within the grocery, mass/discount and specialty segments and across different product types including hardlines, softlines and food
- Knowledge of payment schemes, including products & services, business systems and processes, marketing initiatives and card acquiring experience
- Understanding of a Retailer’s P&L, comprehension of critical factors in driving profitability and familiarity with the intricacies of co-brand cards as drivers of customer loyalty
- Executive Presence including excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, and ability to communicate at all levels within large organizations
- Demonstrated leadership, managerial and collaboration capabilities, particularly with those who are not direct reports as may be found in a matrixed organization
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated intellectual rigor and the ability to draw meaningful insights from disperse data outputs
- Proven track record of owning & executing on large cross functional initiatives, projects and delivering results
- Strong problem-solving skills, able to make quick decisions in complex environments and capable of handling numerous projects concurrently
- Holds self and others accountable for measurable high quality, timely and effective deliverables
- Displays a strong commitment to Visa Consulting and Analytics success
*THIS POSITION DOES NOT OFFER SPONSORSHIP/IMMIGRATION ASSISTANCE
Work Hours Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 30% of the time.
- Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
- EEO statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.