Vice President, Head of Marketing – Continental Europe
- London, UK
Visa is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the adoption of electronics payments around the world. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
We have a simple and unwavering vision that can be traced back to our beginnings in 1958: to be the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone, everywhere. We know that every Visa transaction is a promise. Whether it is a street vendor in Brazil selling food to make a living or a fisherman in Rwanda paying his daughter’s school fees, we want to provide the most secure and seamless payment experience possible.
The VP, Head of Marketing – Continental Europe leads all aspects of Visa marketing across six clusters (Central Europe, Central Eastern Europe, FBL, Nordics & Baltics, Southern Europe and South Eastern Europe). She/he will continue to evolve the stature of the Visa brand through a kind of marketing that is strategically sound, engages consumers’ hearts and minds, and builds the business of Visa and its partners (Banks, Merchants and Acquirers).
This is a new role in the Marketing organisation in Europe, which reflects the increased focus on Continental Europe as the most attractive source of future growth for Visa. As such, she/he will oversee all markets outside of UK/Ireland, with six Heads of Cluster Marketing reporting directly (four L7, two L6) and a total marketing team of 50+. The role reports directly to the SVP of Europe Marketing, and has a dotted line to the Managing Director – Continental Europe.
A critical aspect of the role is to provide an integrated view of the marketing strategies, plans and investments across the six clusters – bringing a strategic view that is fully aligned with the direction of the business. Importantly, the Head of Continental Europe Marketing will lead the execution of the Growth Plan for this region, which calls for an accelerated level of investment and activities seeking to double the size of the Visa business over the next 4-5 years.
This is a unique role for the right individual, who will have the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of leading a world-class brand, in a growing category that is undergoing a profound transformation powered by technology. Unlike most other industries, digital payments gives a marketer the opportunity to improve the experience of virtually every individual, every day, multiple times per day. And because our business model gives us the chance to work with every retailer every bank and fin-tech in the market, the potential scope and impact of a Visa marketer is extraordinary and hard to replicate in other industries.
As part of the Leadership Team of Continental Europe, she/he will have a direct influence and responsibility over the financial results of the markets (Volume, Net Revenue, Margin). And as part of the Europe Marketing Leadership Team, she/he will play a critical role in the evolution of the function into a data-driven, performance oriented team.
The ideal candidate will be a very strategic, results-oriented, highly motivated and inspirational leader with the ability to set a clear vision to drive growth. The individual must be flexible and have a “can do”, positive attitude, combining a solutions-orientated mind-set with a highly collaborative approach. This leader must have a strong track record in managing high-performance teams and influencing across functional areas, coupled with experience of working in a matrix environment. She/he will bring to this position strong commercial acumen and deep, proven marketing expertise in world-class brands, and will be ready to take the team and the brand to the next level. Given the size of the market in the scope, the ability to effectively engage at very senior levels of the organisation in an effective way is crucial.
What we expect of you, day to day.
· Lead Visa marketing in Continental Europe including brand management, research and insights, product/channel marketing, digital/social media, and client co-marketing.
· Solidify Visa’s positioning as the leader in electronic payments in the market by developing marketing campaigns that drive profitable transactions and revenue for both Visa and its clients.
· Effectively partner with all members of the Continental Europe Leadership Team to properly incorporate the view of the market (client, competition, economy trends) into the marketing strategies and plans.
· Drive integration, alignment and prioritisation across markets within the six clusters.
· Champion the global brand positioning within the sub region business, ensuring all teams and colleagues are able to translate it into their own objectives and deliverables.
· Leverage our top sponsorship properties (i.e. FIFA, Olympics, UEFA Women’s Football) through engaging marketing programs that win with consumers and clients
· Accountable for the optimal deployment of budget, demonstrating an MROI
· Attract, lead, motivate and develop the team to become the best marketing organization in the market, ensuring appropriate succession planning and maximizing employee engagement
What we’re after…
· Results-oriented marketer with 15+ years of experience with world-class brands
· Proficient in the fundamentals of marketing and with a clear consumer focus.
· Strong business acumen with superior strategic thinking skills.
· Ability to gain credibility with senior leaders across functions, both internally and externally.
· Flexible and resilient leader as demonstrated by adaptability, professional maturity and ability to manage by influence.
· Ability to consistently think and act pro-actively.
· Curious, with a passion for innovation.
· Develops talent for the future.
· Deep knowledge of the markets in scope – thinks globally while addressing local needs.
· Fluent in both English and at least one of the main languages in the markets.
· Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience
· Experience of working across different sectors; technology, FMCG, telecoms and other consumer branded sectors would be advantageous
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.