Risk Analyst, Strategy & Operations, Global Credit Settlement Risk
- Foster City, CA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Credit Settlement Risk (CSR) team is responsible for protecting Visa from financial losses relating to the Visa Indemnity arising from the failure of Visa clients, while enabling and supporting innovation and responsible business growth. CSR maintains credit settlement risk policies and procedures and regularly review clients to manage settlement exposure.
This role will support the long-term strategy for the Global Credit Center of Excellence, responsible for delivering on commitments for CSR, with responsibilities for organizational strategy, communications & change management, training & development, organizational tools and information integrity (VELT, FACT, NICHE, RIS, Hawkeye, SSOT, etc.), efficiency management/continuous improvement, supporting regional teams, internal and external stakeholders.
The individual will have an unique opportunity to support, strengthen, solidify processes to drive Global Operational Excellence and cross-functional execution discipline with CSR Teams in all regions (NA, LAC, Europe, CEMEA, AP) and key partners (Risk Analytics / MIS Team, Data Product Development, Licensing, Treasury, Finance, etc.). The individual will also be able to lead specific projects, contribute to others and make suggestions or identify opportunities for improvement, and have the opportunity to drive these to completion.
Role & Responsibilities:
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone that is flexible and comfortable with high-pressure, tight deadlines, ability to deliver efficiently and a sense of initiative in a very fluid and fast-pace environment, yet a good team player who is self-motivated and adept at working collaboratively with the rest of the team globally and regionally.
Specifically he/she will support:
· Support cross-functional engagements with both internal and external stakeholders on new projects and strategic initiatives that support business growth while addressing risk concerns
· Support process improvements to drive Global Operational Excellence and cross-functional execution discipline across CSR.
· Support our work around reporting (MBR, QBR, KPIs, etc.), AOP (Revenues/Expenses), Contract negotiations and management, compliance, budget, audit, System User Validation, Employee/Contractor Onboarding, Quarterly Billing, controls testing, and other administrative tasks.
· Ability to analyze data and come up with relevant insights as the basis for making process and credit decisions
· Support systems and process implementations and enhancements
· Support Monthly Operations and Controls Review, and other CSR Processes and Procedures tasks
· Other projects as needed with the Global Head of Credit Settlement Risk and/or Credit Settlement Risk Regional Leads
· 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
The successful candidate should be both a self-starter and a quick learner, able to work with minimal guidance and will have:
· Bachelors’ degree or equivalent skills and experience in related field and up to 4+ years of total work experience
· Up to 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in Operations / Process Improvement, or up to 2-3 years of experience in a strategic consulting firm
· Strong attention to detail with the ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise conclusions
· Strong business analysis skills, verbal and written communication skills, and a very upbeat customer-service attitude are essential
· Comfortable with handling multiple projects at once and knowing when to escalate, as appropriate
· Highly proficient and advanced in PowerPoint and Excel
· Knowledge of the payments industry and experience in risk function is a plus
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
No relocation is available for this position