IT Audit Manager
- Foster City, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Participate on large-scale engagements of company activities under the supervision of a Director or Sr. Director – Internal Audit. Assist in the design and drive the execution of key areas of each audit engagement, while assisting more junior members of the team where appropriate. Serve as a key contact with client management, explaining the audit process and scope, keeping management apprised of audit progress and issues, and effectively delivering audit results to all levels of management. Stay abreast of company business strategies, IT industry technology advances and the risk profile of assigned business areas to ensure relevancy of audit approach.
- Participate in planning and audit scope development as well as project execution as a critical team member on complex technology-related assessments.
- Lead the execution of the assessment of specific technical areas of a project, supervising other team members and providing coaching where requested.
- Provide reports on the effectiveness of the business unit's internal control structure along with recommendations that improve the effectiveness, efficiency and economic value of a control or process.
- Assess audit findings / gaps including control weaknesses with an appropriate degree of professional skepticism, seeking to fully understand risks to the firm. Assist technology partners with the development of Management Action Plans to mitigate weaknesses, providing thought leadership on the appropriateness of the Plan.
- Evaluate the adequacy and timeliness of management's response and the corrective action taken on relevant weaknesses noted within audit reports.
- Provide control consulting services to management to assist in redesign efforts that improve the control environment.
- Maintain business relationships with appropriate levels of management to ensure that Audit is aware of changes in business activities and objectives, and a necessary Audit response is developed.
- Assist audit management with macro reporting by providing data relevant to technology audit findings.
- Promote new ideas and new ways of executing projects and internal infrastructure enhancements.
- Demonstrate commitment to Visa’s and Internal Audit’s strategic vision, be a self-starter, and promote project ownership and responsibility for actions. Interact with Audit project team members in working towards Departmental goals.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math).
- 5-10 years of deep technical experience in one of more of the following domains: information security, distributed operating systems, databases, network technology, mobile payments, tokenized services, cloud-based and virtualized environments, IBM mainframe, or Hadoop.
- Experience evaluating system controls associated with complex business applications.
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 10 - 25%.
- IT Audit certifications or other audit related certifications (e.g., CISA, CFE, etc.).
- Technical certifications or other information security certifications (e.g., CISSP, CEH, CISM, etc.).
- Project Management certifications (e.g., PMP, Prince2, etc.).
- Work experience in a large financial institution or a matrix organization.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours as well as reasonable off-hour work.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10 - 25% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.