Director, Scaled Solutions - Visa Consulting and Analytics
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA) drives tangible, impactful and financial results for Visa’s network clients, including both financial services and merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, brand management, marketing, operations and macroeconomics, Visa Consulting and Analytics solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
The US Consulting Practice within VCA provides consulting and solution services for Visa’s largest issuers in the United States. We apply deep expertise in the payments industry to provide solutions to assist clients with their key business priorities, drive growth and improve profitability. The VCA team provides a comprehensive range of consulting services to deliver solutions that address unique challenges in areas such as improving profitability, strategic growth, customer experience, digital payments and managing risk.
The Solutions Development team identifies and coordinates the development of high-impact scalable solutions using Visa’s data. The team is responsible for the full product development lifecycle of solutions from ideation to design to implementation and deployment. This work involves developing the business cases that justify each opportunity, ideating with the data science team on how best to structure the solution and the creation of client-facing materials to engage target clients.
The Director of Scaled Solutions will play a critical role in the identification, development, and delivery of high impact, data-driven client solutions. This individual will support Solutions Team leadership with the build-out and ongoing management of a high priority scalability initiative that will help VCA achieve greater efficiency and profitability. We are looking for a highly motivated, self-starter with proven business/financial acumen and a strong analytical and strategic mindset.
The ideal candidate would have extensive project management and cross-functional work experience in a strategy, consulting and /or payments environment.
- Cultivate and manage scaled solutions roadmap and pipeline to ensure timely execution and appropriate prioritization
- Develop frameworks, approaches, and recommendations for Solutions Team structure, to ensure we are effectively and efficiently addressing the most impactful opportunities and challenges for our clients
- Build financial models to assess desirability, feasibility and viability of solutions; refine business case analysis as needed to accommodate new assumptions as things evolve, and partner closely with client leads and other stakeholders to validate all assumptions
- Own tracking and reporting on team success metrics including revenue, efficiency and impact performance
- Partner with VCA’s Data Science team to size scaled solution opportunities and execute build
- Proactively partner with VCA’s Practice Leads (i.e. functional subject matter experts) and Client Leads on design and development of client deliverables and internal sales toolkits for scaled solutions
- Work across stakeholders to identify the right balance between automation and customization for each analytic tool and associated client deliverable
- Produce actionable insights and analyses to drive decision-making around process improvement, drive understanding of client issues, and provide strategic guidance for client priorities across verticals and segments
- Help facilitate knowledge sharing across VCA; manage development and execution of training for scaled solution builds
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g., marketing, analytics, risk, innovation), including other VCA global regional teams in order to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa’s resources
- Participate in select client-facing engagements in a SME capacity
- 10 years strategy or traditional consulting work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. MBA, Masters, JD, MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- MBA is strongly preferred
- Previous experience working in management consulting, payments or with financial institutions
- Experience developing client-facing predictive insights/products a plus
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Very detail-oriented, but capable of managing numerous projects concurrently
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt to rapid changes in organizational or team priorities
- Demonstrated leadership, managerial and collaboration capabilities, particularly with those who are not direct reports as may be found in a matrixed organization
- Ability to identify key strategic issues and to generate and deliver creative and innovative solutions to problems and opportunities
- Displays a strong commitment to organizational success with strategic focus on impacting ROI
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Holds self and others accountable for measurable high quality, timely and effective results
- Strong team player with a willingness to collaborate across levels and functional experts
Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint (ideally a power-user) with excellent communication, and story-telling via presentation skills
- Ability to effectively manipulate and analyze large data sets to determine meaningful insights and recommendations.
- Prior experience working with data analytics and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Microsoft BI, etc.)
*THIS POSITION DOES NOT OFFER IMMIGRATION/SPONSORSHIP ASSISTANCE
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 25% of the time.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.