Visa Direct Global Ecosystem Readiness (Fixed Term Contract - 12 months)
- Dublin, Ireland
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Director, Visa Direct Global, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
This role is in the Visa Direct Global Risk, Compliance and Policy team, which also has global responsibility for Cross-border Enablement of the Visa Direct Eco-system. This is a maternity cover role, and will initially be for 12-18 months, with the possibility of conversion to a permanent role at the end of the contractual period.
Visa Direct is a high priority digital product, one of the top drivers of new revenue streams in Visa. Originators (senders) and Recipients (beneficiaries) derive value from real-time ‘push payment’ use cases such as:
· Person-to-person payments via social networks (eg. Facebook, Google, Square)
· Payouts to suppliers to marketplace apps (eg. Uber, AirBnb, Amazon)
· Conventional disbursements (insurance, compensation claims, tax refunds)
Since the acquisition of Earthport, the Visa Direct product range is now expanded beyond push-to-card to include push-to-account, and in future, push-to-wallet, allowing reach to over 90% of the world’s banked population, and driving even more opportunities for new revenue growth.
Building a world-class security value proposition is essential to the success of Visa Direct, as it is one of the key drivers of engagement and uptake by both originating and receiving clients, particularly for cross-border payments.
This is a unique opportunity to join the development of a new Visa product at an early stage, shaping the risk and compliance proposition that will underpin the success of the product for years to come, building confidence in originating and receiving clients to use and accept Visa Direct transactions, safely, securely, and with high transparency.
Working with stakeholders across the company, including regional teams, platform development, AML Compliance, Risk, Legal and others, you will be responsible for developing the Visa Direct security value proposition, including new tools and capabilities for Visa and its clients, internal policies and processes, and marketing and communications strategies. Your role spans both fraud risk mitigation and AML and sanctions compliance, for both Visa and clients.
What we expect of you, day to day:
In this fast-growing and dynamic environment, you need to be highly creative, flexible and responsive to ever-changing needs, as we onboard and service demanding new partners and clients. Work is mainly project-based as needs develop, requiring you to create new projects and set and meet demanding goals, working with stakeholders across the company. With Visa Direct still very much a start-up within Visa, you need to be prepared to get your hands dirty, flexing from conceptual strategy work and presentations to senior executives, to down-and-dirty project management and business case development.
Typical examples of projects that you would likely be leading include:
- Developing a program of tools and support for receiving issuers to sanctions screen incoming Visa Direct OCTs. Working with external screening providers and regional teams, you will drive issuer enablement projects, in order to contribute to meeting cross-border enablement corporate scorecard goals in FY21. You will also be the main sponsor for a new program to develop a plug-in issuer configurable screening tool for issuers, working with AML compliance, Legal, platform development and external providers
- Strengthening of our data requirements and use case restrictions, designed to increase issuer confidence and screening accuracy, as well as ensuring that Visa meets its own regulatory compliance obligations
- Enhance tools and policies to mitigate new types of ‘push payment’ fraud risk, such as account takeover and scam fraud. Working with the Risk and platform teams, you will lead new initiatives to reduce this type of fraud for Visa and clients
- Demonstrable experience in a product development role in the payments sector
- Experienced in Risk Control products and policies, and/or AML/Sanctions Compliance products and policies would be highly preferred
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated analytical approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in a complex stakeholder management environment
- Advanced degree preferred, but not essential
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.