Director, Financial Systems Strategy - Revenue Systems
- Foster City, CA
- Employees can work remotely
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories. The Global Financial Systems Strategy (FSS) team executes the approach of the technology solutions implemented to support the global Finance organization.
This role is expected to provide strategic guidance and solutioning in support of the various product and pricing changes impacting the new Service Catalog framework, as well as provide assistance with Global Billing related initiatives. The individual will work with multiple Finance and Technology leaders to help set the systems strategy for the Product and Pricing related applications. The candidate is also expected to partner with IT system owners & IT PMO, and support the key Service Catalog and Billing related projects. The individual will be a key advisor and partner to the Product, Strategy, Risk and Finance Leadership to deliver on the financial targets in the budget as well as delivery of projects to their budgets. In addition, the role is expected to provide deep subject matter expertise to solve issues and redesign processes to increase efficiency within the organizations. The individual will support Requirements capture, solution Design in partnership with IT, Application Testing, and UAT coordination for global/regional projects supporting the various business functions including Finance, Risk, Product, Strategy and analytical reporting.
This position is required to have extensive payments systems expertise and a broad background in various Revenue technologies/platforms with a deep understanding of the functional and technical aspects of reporting applications.
- Provide strategic direction for Finance and how they can use various technologies to meet their requirements; generate and evaluate multiple options; work closely with senior executives to understand requirements; then work with IT to design and deliver/source the right solution
- Collaborate with the Finance and Product Leaders for prioritization of pricing changes to ensure their organizational technology goals are met
- Have a deep understanding of these multi-entity department functions to establish a vision and technology roadmap for Service Catalog
- Partner with Information Technology and Finance Managers to understand business needs and develop solutions for Finance Systems applications
- Has the ability to work across Revenue applications to support enhancements/modifications that are a result of Service Catalog changes
- Has the ability to support Billing system initiatives
- Work with limited direction, usually within a complex and changing environment, to drive delivery of solutions and meet service levels
- Provide Subject Matter Expert level guidance on the functionality of Visa’s Finance Systems to Finance and non-Finance users and groups
- Work with Business Sponsors to develop project roadmaps which align to business objectives and sequenced by priority and resource availability
- Identify and manage dependencies and impacts among projects across the portfolio; manage issues escalated from related projects
- Work with business and technology subject matter experts to define scope, create estimates, develop budgets and project plans, and produce Statements of Work and other documentation needed for funding approvals
- Ensure that all projects are in compliance with Visa's Project Management Methodology and Key Controls; and that accurate and timely information is collected and reported regularly on project portfolio progress and financial status
- Has excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to translate complex information into comprehensive and concise test results and recommendations
- Communicates effectively and proactively with all levels of management and articulate ideas and recommendations clearly
- Achieve project goals by engaging effectively with stakeholders at all management levels across Visa, including architects and strategists, technical IT subject matter experts, business partners, vendors, and Visa senior management
- Demonstrate and leverage strong business and financial acumen
- Synthesize complex data findings into logical conclusions and impact assessment for management recommendation
- Manage through influence customers and stakeholders, and properly manage divergent expectations
- Ensure a strong control and governance framework is established and maintained to support SOX and Audit reviews
- Facilitate Business and Technology discussions at various leadership levels to ensure alignment towards long term goals of Finance and IT
- Works closely with various Operations and Technology teams on software and hardware solutions to meet Business needs
- Communicates and collaborates with other Finance Systems Strategy leaders to Design solutions that meet Business and Project expectations
- Drive solutioning across business processes and technologies that includes Business Process Redesign
- Work closely with offshore teams, while maintaining a cost & quality focus
- 12+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10+ years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- Experience in the Financial Services Industry
- Experience with Revenue Systems -- Oracle Revenue Management and Billing (ORMB) experience is a plus
- 15+ years of Financial Systems experience with a Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in working with revenue systems areas while contributing to senior management decision-making on how the technologies should be leveraged and integrated
- Proven analytical and reporting experience with Finance Systems within a global organization
- 5+ years working with rules engines (e.g. DROOLs, TALEND, Hadoop etc.) to support revenue systems processes
- 10+ years working on Financials systems providing Functional support, Analysis, or Architectural design and direction of a Finance/Revenue System
- Must have experience through all phases of the technology implementation lifecycle (planning, requirements gathering, design, build, testing, migration, go-live support)
- Exceptional conceptual and analytical skills are required
- Must be self-motivated and can lead and motivate others
- Must be a team player with strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
- Should be able to work with off-shore vendors and resources spread out globally
- Extensive experience in working with external vendors
- Ability to communicate and work directly with business leaders across Finance and Technology
- Solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies, and best practices
- Independent judgment and mature decision-making skills to work on projects that often have enterprise-wide scope and may have significant financial and compliance impacts
- Must be detail oriented and possess the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must possess organizational, problem-solving skills, and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Must possess the skills to use multi-level analysis and sound judgment to work through organizational and process issues
- Previous consulting experience is beneficial, or practice in driving strategic direction across multiple lines of business
- Deep experience with Financial and reporting packages (e.g. ORMB, Tableau, MSTR etc.)
- International experience ideally within a complex, matrix management organization
- Knowledge of the payments industry, in particular the card business within the banking environment, is desirable
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours in the Pacific Standard time zone
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.