Manager – Government Engagement, India & South Asia
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Government Engagement (GE) team aims to achieve broad alignment between Visa’s business objectives and public policies that affect the payments industry. Externally, the GE team engages a wide range of stakeholders to raise awareness of and build support for policies that expand access to and usage of digital payments in India and South Asia markets. Internally, GE works closely with colleagues across the company including Communications, Social Impact, Risk, Legal, Product, and Sales.
What a Government Engagement Manager does at Visa:
The Manager will report to the Head of Government Engagement, India and South Asia. This full-time role may be based in Mumbai or Delhi, with frequent travel between the two locations (when possible). The successful candidate will be a self-starter with strong organizational and superior writing skills, comfortable covering multiple assignments at once, and capable of quickly and efficiently producing high-quality deliverables on a daily basis. They should have some experience working in the public, private, or not-for-profit sectors, ideally with a focus on government engagement or public policy issues in India and/or South Asia markets.
The Manager will be involved in all aspects of Visa’s GE work, with a primary focus on India and additional support for South Asia markets. Daily duties will range from project coordination and event planning to preparing internal reporting on GE and regulatory developments, conducting policy analysis, and assisting with strategic planning on key issues and initiatives. They should be familiar with and comfortable utilizing the latest stakeholder management and policy research tools effectively.
Good judgment and attention to detail will be critical in this role. The Manager will be frequently called upon to meet time-sensitive needs for important internal and external stakeholders. The successful candidate must be an excellent listener capable of quickly developing and executing plans accurately.
This critical support position is a great development opportunity for someone with a can-do attitude who is seeking to grow and learn in a fast-paced work environment on a highly efficient team of GE professionals.
Key Performance Indicators
- Contributing to the development and execution of appropriate GE market strategies
- Developing high quality strategic advice and materials for multiple purposes
- Consistently conducting high-quality and well-judged interactions with various stakeholders in market
- Ability to gather, organize and process information relevant to key political and regulatory issues
- On-time and on-budget delivery of projects
- Ability to understand and convey internally through appropriate channels the broader policy environment
- Positive internal and external stakeholder feedback
Why this is important to Visa
Visa is helping to accelerate the adoption of electronic payments and drive economic development throughout India. This vital coordinating role is essential to further strengthen and deepen Visa’s efforts through sustained engagement and partnership with the Government of India and other key stakeholders.
What you will need:
- +8 years of experience working with leading consulting firms, government and international agencies
- Exceptional writing abilities and a proven track record of producing comprehensive, succinct, and persuasive advocacy materials (writing test required)
- Knowledge of legislation and policy relating to payments, fintech and data governance
- A high degree of maturity, positive attitude, and team-oriented mindset at all times
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on high quality work and consistent performance over time
- Proven ability to operate independently and efficiently in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, and ability to adapt communication style to multiple audiences
- Complete adherence to the highest ethical standards for professional conduct at all times
- Good judgment and experience handling commercially sensitive and confidential materials
What will also help:
Experience in the banking/financial services sector preferably with knowledge of electronic payments industry, its products, services and technologies. Experience working across multiple countries and cultures, within a matrixed management organization.
Projects you will be a part of:
Designing and implementing a robust Government Engagement strategy for Visa in India
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.