Senior Director, Business Solutions Product Development
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Visa processes 100s of millions of payment transactions per day and has one of the world’s most valuable data assets. The Visa Data Products Development organization has the mission of unleashing the power of data to drive global commerce.
Visa is seeking a Sr. Director in Data Product Development organization to be the leader of a team of 50+ engineers building and managing Visa’s technology capabilities for its global commercial payment solutions data ecosystem. This individual will operate as a trusted advisor and strategic thought partner to the technology leadership team and our business stakeholders driving and delivering on key initiatives E2E from Bangalore enabling COE for some key product lines.
The successful candidate will be comfortable navigating challenging forces in the dynamic payments space and working in a fast-paced environment while implementing strategies and processes that enable the organization to innovate and grow. The team is located in Bangalore, working with cross functional teams globally across regions.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Define the roadmap, develop and manage architecture, technical solutions and lead engineering teams for the new generation of Data Products applications and services.
- Own and drive the end-to-end development efforts for on schedule, high quality, scalable innovative solutions that meet the product vision and roadmap. Responsibilities span all phases of product development including:
- Build strong team and enable COE in Bangalore owning the driving products E2E
- Drive and deliver on the Infra program focusing on Engineering practices and efficiency with defined measurable KPIs
- Collaborate with Business teams to ensure completeness and common understanding of product vision, roadmap & requirements.
- Align with architects and senior technologists on proper architecture and design.
- Lead agile engineering teams to deliver end-to-end technical solutions that exceed product expectations.
- Manage and automate engineering and operations, including post implementation support.
- Drive strong client focus mindset within the team.
- Mentor and build world-class high performing global engineering teams.
- Handle routine daily activities such as coordination, coaching, mentoring, recruiting, budgeting, planning, delivery, quality, partner relationships, performance metrics, operations, efficiency, service level management, etc.
- Think strategically: See patterns and relationships in information and events; clarify and simplify complex information; anticipate trends and possibilities that may lead to new business opportunities; consistently think and act “ahead of the curve;” anticipate and effectively respond with urgency to immediate opportunities; executes plans vigorously and with flexibility; operate proactively; identify and address long-term opportunities
18 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 15+ years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- Advanced degree in a technical field such as computer science and computer engineering
- 10+ years of experience managing and leading engineering teams
- 10+ years of hands-on experience with big data open source technologies and software development skills
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear and simplified approach
- Strong at technical goal setting for a project with actionable success metrics. Experience with measuring a service from user experience perspective, setting and tracking to SLAs and KPIs
- Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support organizational plans
- Ability to work in a complex organization and collaborate to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Payment industry experience is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.