Software Engineering Manager, Development - Open VisaNet
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
Open VisaNet, the Next Generation payment processing platform for Visa, will push the envelope of building highly scalable, secure, cost effective and distributed application on commodity hardware using best-in-class technology components. Open VisaNet is one of Visa’s Key initiative that will help Visa support in-country processing solutions and provide Visa an opportunity to move away from Proprietary Mainframe type systems. It is built as a modern distributed architecture based on micro services with goals of five 9’s availability, fault tolerance, horizontal scalability and real time latency for largest scale transaction processing. Open VisaNet leverages state of the art Software technologies to achieve these goals on commodity hardware, such as Go, Kafka, Cassandra, K8S, Splunk, Prometheus, Graphana etc.
Visa is looking for an experienced leader who will help build Open VisaNet, Visa’s Next generation payment processing platform developed on Open Systems, that would fuel growth in electronic payments globally and drive financial inclusion in many parts of the world.
- People management and project delivery.
- Requirements management inclusive of partnering with business stakeholders to obtain and understand requirements, conduct fit-gap analysis, analyse options and designs for customer experience.
- Provide leadership and oversight to a team of software engineers building solutions and capabilities at scale and high engineering and quality standards.
- Engagement and collaboration with cross teams, architects and other stakeholders to deliver on a common goal.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to understand business problems and then design and develop required solutions.
- Drive the adoption of key engineering best practices to improve quality and reliability of team's deliverables.
- Responsible for keeping the team engaged, motivated and operating with a high execution velocity.
- Responsible for Evaluating, coaching and mentoring of direct reports.
- Collaborate/communicate across global businesses and technology organisations, providing sound business analysis, process, and change leadership
- Build a collaborative and conducive environment for the team to deliver the best of their ability
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or MIS, or equivalent.
- At least 10+ years of work experience with particular focus on the development and support experience in cloud software.
- Demonstrated ability to manage highly skilled technology teams that have delivered high quality enterprise class applications.
- Proven ability to collaborate and work horizontally throughout a complex organisation.
- Experience with leading teams using programming languages like GoLang/Java and developing Full Stack applications using distributed system architecture.
- Experience of managing applications in production environment that support high-throughput/availability/resiliency low latency at scale and exposure to managing production outages and remediations.
- Experience with container technologies like docker, K8S and NoSql databases and UI frameworks.
- Understanding of self-healing/immutable micro-service based architectures, cloud platforms, clustering models, networking technologies.
- Creative thinking and excellent problem solving skills.
- Agile practitioner- practising SAFe or similar Scaled Agile frameworks. Process oriented and able to work independently with very minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Experience designing large scale distributed systems with deep understanding of design impacts on performance, reliability, operations, and security is a big plus.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fuelled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.