Senior SOX Business Process Analyst
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays
Visa is looking for a Senior Analyst to focus on SOX Business Process. As a Senior SOX Business Process Analyst, you will participate on large-scale engagements of company SOX activities with the support of the SOX manager. You will assist in the walkthrough, design and operating effectiveness documentation and testing of key SOX processes and drive the execution key process areas with external auditors. Will serve as a key contact and trusted business partner with business process owners, external auditors and other stakeholders, explaining the SOX audit process and scope, keeping management apprised of SOX audit progress and issues, and effectively delivering SOX audit results to all levels of management. To be successful in this role, you will need to stay abreast of company business strategies, industry advances and the risk profile of assigned business areas to ensure relevancy of SOX audit approach.
Manage a team of testers and /or external consultants for business controls, review their work and provide feedback.
Manage and coordinate the overall SOX Business Controls process with external auditors and other parties as needed.
Work with business process owners on controls documentation, review, testing and remediation.
Perform and document annual walkthroughs (test of design) of company’s business controls.
Manage performance and documentation of testing (test of effectiveness) of company’s business controls.
Support the SOX Business Manager in the overall execution of SOX program.
Coordination of SOX related activities with multiple stakeholders, timely performance of related activities to ensure flawless execution of the program.
Help to evaluate, monitor, and resolve findings from internal and external audits.
Evaluate control deficiencies, develop remediation plans and impacts to financial statements.
Assess new accounting standards and guidance etc. to ensure enhancement/reengineering of current accounting processes and controls.
Identify opportunities for streamlining and automating control activities within financial processes.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree.
- Experience in the execution of the field work of SOX audit or similar; must have strong business controls experience.
- -Experience in Public Accounting, Internal Auditing and/or Internal controls or a combination of the experience would be a plus.
- Good understanding of risks and controls for Business Processes.
- Detail-oriented and able to work well under pressure and accustomed to project work with tight deadlines.
- Creative, self-starter, quick thinker and dedicated individual who is eager to put his/her stamp on this job role.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor.
- Team-oriented, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively across regional and/or functional lines.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.