Head of Finance - Nordics & Baltics Region
- Stockholm, Sweden
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Head of Finance - Nordics and Baltics Region we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
The Finance Team for the Nordics and Baltics cluster provides financial analysis and decision support to the Visa business in the region. We are the liaison point for all finance activities and insights relating to Visa’s business in all N&B markets.
The Head of Finance N&B will be an integral part of the N&B Leadership Team within the Stockholm Regional Office. This is a hands-on role that will lead the team that helps shape the direction of the business, and provide independent challenge to key commercial and investment decisions.
This role requires exceptional commercial acumen with the desire and ability to challenge the status quo to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and performance of the Finance function in the cluster. Integral to the position is the ability to build partnerships, maintain strong relationships with the Head of the N&B business, the N&B Executive Team and the relevant Global Finance teams, and lead and small but high performing team.
Finance Steer and Business Partnering
- Lead team accountable for analysing results, projections of the business and driving functional revenue, and ensuring that the financial position and business performance is correctly understood, interpreted and communicated
- Provide strong financial thought leadership as it relates to growth strategies, current performance, and business case analysis
- Provide effective Decision Support on key investment proposals and opportunities for strategic initiatives by leading complex analysis and business case modelling
- Represent Visa in the Region in any discussions relating to Taxation / Regulation, liaising with the Central Hub Office Finance Team in London to ensure compliance with any local market requirements.
- Lead on all Finance Control, Governance and Audit activities in the region, in conjunction with SME Regional and Global teams.
- Lead on Client Incentive deal strategy and analysis to support negotiations and organic growth
Analysis & Insights
- Support delivery of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and provide support to ad-hoc strategic financial planning exercises, including ‘What-If’ scenario analysis and responses to multi-year revenue and expense challenges
- Deepen analysis through use of financial and non-financial datasets (such as in relation to product, portfolio or client) to identify trends and provide insights
- Use data insights and commercial acumen to influence and provide decision support to functional leaders
- Highly motivated finance leader who easily builds effective relationships with senior executives and other key stakeholders
- Collaborate with business leaders to gain a deep understanding of the strategies, priorities and issues of the business functions, and quantify the financial impacts of operational risks and opportunities
- Represent Finance at key division meetings with leadership teams, and represent the divisions in any discussions relating to finance to ensure all finance policies and initiatives are communicated, understood and implemented consistently
Significant and proven Business Partnering experience. Ability to build and cultivate effective relationships with senior executives and stakeholders within the business and the Finance function at a regional and global level
Exceptional commercial focus with a proven record of analysing business performance, identifying trends and issues, and challenges the norm
Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, and the ability to interpret trends, identify issues and recommend actions
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility as a "peer" with business leaders in regional functions
Proven experience leading teams: Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible.
Proactive and hands-on in their approach to all activities with real passion and high levels of energy. Agile and comfortable adapting to different and dynamic environments
Entrepreneurial and comfortable with ambiguous and change-led environments; self-confident with an authentic style that gravitates to championing change
MBA or Post graduate degree from top tier academic institution is desirable
- Fluent in English, and ideally another Nordic language (Swedish preferred)