Director, Global Commercial Deal Management – CyberSource
- Austin, TX, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The role of Director, Global Commercial Deal Management, reporting to Phil Goerbig (Global VP of Deal Management & Commercial Solutions), will lead CyberSource’s deal support and strategy function. While primary focus will be on North America & Latin America/Caribbean sales regions, this role is also part of a global deal management team that shares responsibility for providing seamless global sales coverage. You will collaborate with our CyberSource sales teams, as well as a diverse network of internal stakeholders—to grow our scaled revenue base at an accelerated pace. You will own the end-to-end deal execution and RFP lifecycles, while maintaining an internal repository for sharing regional best-in-class deal constructs and commercial proposals. The position will also help drive continuous improvement to global deal/bid management processes and champion related field enablement to promote best practices.
The Global Commercial Deal Management function combines the competencies of commercial sales strategy, financial analysis, and creative problem-solving. We are seeking a self-motivated, consultative individual to lead strategic deal pursuits and bid responses through financial modeling/pricing, business case development, and collaborative sales strategies—balancing short and long-term client opportunities with a mix of attack, retain, and grow strategies. Our target candidate should ideally be a highly effective communicator with the strong ability to influence others through analytical reasoning, creativity, and sound judgment. You should be comfortable challenging the status-quo in a sensitive, efficient, and constructive manner.
- Identify and lead commercial partnership pipeline opportunities with financial institutions, acquirers, payment facilitators, merchants and other partners across all regions (North America, Latin America/Caribbean, Europe, Central Europe Middle East Africa, and Asia-Pacific)
- Partner with regional sales teams on key deals, strategic accounts, and RFP responses—while driving coordination with internal business stakeholders to build and execute winning deal constructs
- Contributing role in driving ongoing process improvements for deal governance, field engagement methodologies, and success metrics for sales velocity/effectiveness
- Responsible for RFP/bid management process, leading preparation of RFP responses and managing related deal lifecycle activities
- Optimize business and customer outcomes through creative deal structuring and proactively leveraging best practices—including an aligned sales approach with the client-facing business case and financial proposal deliverables (i.e. interface with Commercial Solutions team)
- Remove barriers and challenge status quo for deal review process. Work in partnership with in-region sales, finance, pricing, Sales Excellence, product, marketing, customer service, and legal teams to drive improved deal outcomes and sales velocity
- Make deal strategy recommendations and influence structures by seeking ways to flex all available commercial levers
- Be a trusted advisor to CyberSource and MSA sales teams for navigating commercial discussions and deal negotiation strategies with prospective clients and existing partners
- Develop and promote best practice documents for the sales teams and key cross-functional stakeholder groups, while maintaining an internal repository for shared enablement resources
- Provide deal advisory support to client-facing sales teams on smaller, less strategic deals
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- At least 12+ years of work experience, including significant experience in a P&L support function in a global, multi-channel sales environment with $1B+ in revenue
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with focus in Finance/Accounting or related Business field
- Experience in leading cross-functional program initiatives and facilitating collaboration across Sales, Marketing, Finance, Product, Technology and Customer Service organizations
- Proven decision-making/implementation success linking business strategies to business outcomes
- Exceptional leadership and influencing skills - thinks strategically to influence and drive tactical execution; particularly in a growing matrixed organization
- Proven negotiation success, commercial deal experience, and project management skills
- Pragmatic mindset with intense focus on execution against client needs, articulation of value proposition and concrete sales focus
- Must be results-oriented, able to handle multiple urgent tasks and must effectively deal with ambiguity
- Successful track record developing commercial relationships and engaging with colleagues across functions, levels, and geographies
- Exhibits strengths as a cross-functional navigator and consensus builder, with high financial acumen
- Proven ability to thrive in a virtual team environment
- Knowledge and experience with Visa products seen a plus
- Low Ego and strong desire to win as a team – pride of outcome mentality vs pride of ownership
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 15% of the time both domestically and internationally.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.