Senior Director, Global Commercial Solutions & Strategy - CyberSource
- Austin, TX, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The role of Senior Director, Global Commercial Solutions & Strategy, reporting to Phil Goerbig (Global VP of Deal Management & Commercial Solutions), will support the global sales function of CyberSource to grow its scaled revenue base at an accelerated pace. This position will support the design and execution of the overall commercial solutions strategy to massively expand CyberSource’s global business – both through accelerating new client acquisition and growth in the installed client base. As a global leader, you will collaborate and help drive high performance across a cohesive team to deliver seamless execution throughout the commercial process – from deal structuring through customer financial proposal delivery to negotiation and contract execution.
You will partner with both Visa and CyberSource client leadership to support coordinated coverage and visibility across a diverse network of internal stakeholders. You will partner with regional sales teams and Commercial Deal Management resources to balance priorities in pursuit of short and long-term client opportunities with a mix of attack, retain and grow strategies. You will share best practices and ideas so that all regions can learn from each other. You will help develop and implement a clear strategy for scaling our global commercial solution playbook and related deal packaging, financial selling, and negotiation methodologies. Our target candidate should ideally be a highly effective communicator with the strong ability to influence leadership through analytical reasoning, creativity, and sound judgment. You should be comfortable challenging the status-quo in a sensitive, efficient, and constructive manner.
- Develop and implement a clear strategy for scaling our global commercial solution playbook and related deal packaging, financial selling, and negotiation methodologies
- Provide thought-leadership on standardizing optimal deal structuring practices, commercial term negotiation tactics, & value-based selling methodologies—to improve deal outcomes & drive sales velocity
- Collaborate with key functional teams including: Sales Excellence, Pricing, Product, Legal, and Finance teams to drive best-in-class financial selling and commercial deal packaging strategies
- Influence CyberSource/MSA sales leadership to adopt and promote financial selling best practices that can be standardized within a global selling framework
- Engage with regional account teams/partners to routinely assess client buying patterns—to optimize our financial value proposition via best-in-class sales proposal deliverables and standardized commercial term offerings
- Assist sales teams in strategic, complex deal pursuits while driving routine field enablement on value-based selling best practices, business case value proposition, and key commercial solution strategies
- Provide ongoing enablement to our Commercial Deal/Bid Management Team to help scale our global deal support capacity
- Develop ongoing process improvements related to deal governance, field engagement practices, and success metrics for measuring sales velocity/effectiveness
- Promote field use ROI/TCO value calculator part of the strategic selling motion—help form account planning best practices for using commercial elements to drive early pipeline engagements
- Track post-mortem deal approval performance to target ways to improve sales velocity and business outcomes—provide insights to optimize future deal pricing, deal structures, and commercial terms
- Maintain an internal repository for capturing special deal pricing/legal terms and manage a global commercial solutions playbook
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15+ years of relevant experience & Bachelor’s degree or 12+ years with a Master’s degree
- Finance or accounting background, having worked in a P&L support function within a global, multi-channel sales environment with $1B+ in revenue
- Experience in leading cross-functional program initiatives and facilitating collaboration across a growing matrixed organization to solve complex problems
- Exceptional interpersonal & presentation skills, with proven ability to lead by influence and example
- Ability to collaborate within a complex and often ambiguous environment, and to influence senior management and other relevant stakeholders
- Experience in cultivating business partnerships at a divisional/executive level, with proven success in linking business strategies to business outcomes
- Proven record of implementing strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions
- Relevant experience in client-facing contract negotiation and applying ROI/TCO-based value selling methodologies within a commercial sales motion
- Pragmatic mindset with intense focus on execution against client needs, articulation of value proposition and concrete sales focus
- Low Ego and strong desire to win as a team – pride of outcome mentality vs pride of ownership
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 25% of the time both domestically and internationally.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.