Associate Risk Support Analyst
- Lehi, UT, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Associate Risk Support Analyst will be an integral part of our Bundled Acquiring Operations Group and will be responsible for supporting the business needs and underwriting compliance of our growing merchant base. As an Associate Risk Support Analyst, you will be assisting new and existing merchants with their merchant and eCheck.Net® accounts through e-mail and inbound phone calls. In this role you will serve as a key point of contact between Sales, Merchants and our Acquiring Partners. You will be expected to review applications and account documents to ensure regulatory compliance, identify fraud and prevent losses. You will need to become an expert on the underwriting and risk criteria of Authorize.Net and its acquiring partners, as well as contribute to the sales process by acting as a knowledgeable resource for Sales Representatives on merchant acquiring requirements.
Essential Duties include:
- Provide world class client service via inbound phone calls and email.
- Respond to incoming customer requests quickly, proficiently and professionally while meeting specific quality expectations.
- Answer merchant questions and resolve merchant issues related to underwriting, fraud, and risk compliance.
- In this position you will perform secondary review of automated approvals for compliance, identifying possible fraud and mitigate our risk for losses.
- Review incoming documents from our merchants for accuracy and compliance. This will include reviewing and analyzing fraud trends as they arise and communicating them to management.
- Thoroughly describe and document your work by notating all of our systems correctly and efficiently.
- Assist Sales Representatives and Account Management with customer inquiries requiring explanation of specific credit and risk policies and decisions related to those policies.
- Accurately resolve cases in Salesforce and escalate to other departments when necessary.
- Onboard any merchant account accurately into the systems ensuring merchants are able to process payment as quickly as possible.
Minimum of 6 months of work experience or a Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of two years of Customer service experience required.
- Prior experience in underwriting, risk, merchant acquiring and ecommerce environments is preferred.
- Credit analysis and underwriting experience a plus.
- Demonstrates commitment to quality, attention to detail and customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal skills, customer orientation, team interaction, problem solving and multi-tasking skills required.
- Must have punctual, regular and consistent attendance.
- High School Diploma required, Associate or Bachelor's degree a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows/PC including Excel and Word.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Ability to work with team members by assisting in day-to-day department discussions.
- Ability to resolve complex problems with minimal guidance.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.