Director, Cybersecurity Engineering Perimeter Operations
- Denver, CO, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Cybersecurity is an integral part of Visa’s operational culture. It is essential to maintaining our position as an industry leader in electronic payments, and it is the responsibility of each and every employee to safeguard information, protect it from unauthorized access, and ensure regulatory compliance. Information Security has a significant effect on privacy, consumer confidence, external reputation, and it is a priority on everyone’s agenda.
The successful candidate will join the Cybersecurity division and will be responsible for development, leadership, and implementation of the Security Engineering Operations program. This person will lead a team of high performers which have responsibility for the building & maintaining of Visa’s Network Security technologies and environments. In addition to staff development and talent management, she/he will provide technical guidance to individual contributors.
This role must instill a culture that works toward the highest standards in security operations while ensuring that business objectives are understood and adhered. Managing and reporting operations security risks in new and existing infrastructure designs are properly understood and supported.
· Provide leadership in the sustained engineering support for security technologies across all network infrastructures. Have strong ITIL and process development skills. Focus to track systems health, develop a cognizant mean time between failure (MBTF) metric programs.
· Participate in major problem review meetings, processes improvement meetings as well actively contribute to the high-risk change review and analysis coordination reviews.
· Deliver operations support, assist in proof of concept phase to deployment and manage operational acceptance criteria for sustained engineering support for multiple security tools, including firewalls, proxies, web application firewalls, Network admission controls and DDoS mitigation systems.
· Develop and optimize processes to improve security rules posture, to include orchestration, rules optimization, identification and labeling of rules ownership, expiry and participate in certification to attest security posture.
· Implement automated security metrics scorecard that enables executive leaders, line managers, and operational staff to spot and take action on security related incidents and reduce surface risks prior to implementation.
· Experience managing team delivery for global orchestration and automation of tasks via configuration via Application Programming Interfaces (API).
· Create, maintain and own tracking details of infrastructure surrounding the underlying network security systems to ensure the security tool deployments are operating effectively and with proven efficacy.
· Work closely within network operations team and coordinate with security engineering and design teams within Visa.
· Collaborate with internal audit, controls teams as well external party security audit requests and agencies.
· Manage effectively reported system, application and device vulnerabilities and through remediation and maintenance in adherence with incident response policies.
· Establish and sustain effective, professional relationships with business partners to understand business drivers and market requirements. As well, provide leadership to the technology group in order to create the right solutions for the market in the required periods.
· Effectively manage cross-functional internal and external team collaboration, and communications
· Utilize a wide array of security platforms, protocols, tools, and technologies.
· 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
· A minimum of 5-10 years of experience in the network/security engineering and/or security areas with a minimum of 3 years in participating in developing operational models, executing in a demanding and support organization.
· Extensive knowledge of Information Technology, particularly those areas related to firewalls, proxies, web application firewalls, Network admission controls and on premise distributed denial of service DDoS mitigation systems, configuration and tuning.
· A record of accomplishment of managing the delivery of complex, multi-faceted technology initiatives.
· Experience deploying and maintaining critical, high-availability network systems and associated security issues.
· High degree of technical complexity threaded throughout your experience and conversant thereabout; familiarity with complex global cybersecurity infrastructure designs preferred.
· Referential knowledge of/experience with international compliance requirements/standards (PCI, CSC, GLBA, SOX) and other security regulation requirements.
· Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
· Must be skilled at mentoring and motivating staff, communicating goals and other corporate initiatives and facilitating results.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
-incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
-This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 10% of the time
-This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard offce equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.