Financial Systems Manager ( Financial Systems Strategy - Revenue)
- Beijing, China
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is currently seeking a Financial Systems Manger to play a critical role in the development and implementation of revenue system enhancements and modifications.
The Financial Systems Manager will be part of the Finance Systems Strategy (FSS) organization, which is responsible for defining the global finance systems roadmap as well as the implementation and enhancement of global revenue systems. The FSS Revenue team works closely with the business owners of the Revenue systems and the Corporate IT team to define business and system control requirements. Excellent business and systems analysis, critical thinking, internal controls understanding and communication skills are crucial for this role. Must also be self-directed and comfortable in multi-tasking, disciplined, and adaptable to change.
• Collaborate with business partners and IT team to develop comprehensive and concise business requirements and user stories to help drive revenue system solutions for medium to large projects in a complex and high volume payment transaction processing environment.
• Lead and deliver multiple system projects running simultaneously. Demonstrate and be recognized as Subject Matter Expert (SME) with in-depth working knowledge of one or more Finance functional areas.
• Challenge status quo and bring new methods and techniques to the work force
• Provide recommendations on business processes enhancements from efficiency, automation and controls perspectives.
• Provide guidance to IT on functional design of the systems.
• Execute User Acceptance Testing (UAT) process and validation of system changes for the global revenue systems in coordination with business process owners.
• Anticipate, communicate and escalate system testing scope issues to the IT team and other stakeholders
• Oversee ad-hoc analyses of revenue system processes and data to support future billing transformations
• Communicate effectively and proactively with all levels of management and articulate ideas and recommendations clearly.
• Develop in-depth understanding of Visa’s revenue management systems and processes.
• Drive efficiency and effectiveness by streamlining, standardizing and automating processes and reporting requirements.
• Work with limited direction and supervision, usually within a complex and changing environment, to drive delivery of solutions and meet project deadlines.
• Ensure compliance with Financial Internal Controls and SOX control requirements as deemed appropriate. Identify, recommend and implement control improvements throughout revenue processes.
• Provide Subject Matter Expert level guidance on testing and functionality of Visa revenue systems to non-Finance users and groups introducing new products and revenue sources.
• Coordinate with SOX and Financial Internal Controls regarding automated controls testing and system related queries and functionalities.
• Assess impact on the risks and controls framework related to the new revenue systems implementation and/or existing system changes. Provide recommendations to address those risks and implementation of appropriate controls within the process.
Participate in system and process reviews and identify opportunities for significant enhancements in operational efficiency, overall effectiveness and identifiable benefits to the company
Why this is important to Visa
• This will be a critical role for a high visibility, strategic program in China. As part of the program members, you will be leading the analysis, design, Testing, and implementation of multiple critical Revenue Systems in China. You will also be creating a roadmap and manage all the interfaces to global upstream and downstream systems
• You will be actively participant the full project life cycles and highly interface with all other key project stakeholders
• You will be playing critical role in the program and having big influences on how the project/program is managing proactively
• You will be able to use your leadership to drive meaningful changes
• You will be helping Visa to build thoughtful internal control for revenue system and processes and compliant with all local China regulations
• You will be having opportunity to further automate the operational processes and improve efficiency
• 6 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree with a combination of Systems/Accounting/Finance concentration or at least 4 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
• 8 or more years of progressive system implementations, business requirements analysis and solution building and internal controls implementation and assessment experience preferably with large, multi-national, publicly-traded companies.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to translate complex information into comprehensive, concise and high quality business requirements with minimal revisions.
• Excellent data analysis skills and demonstrated experience in testing, validation, Quality Assurance, User Acceptance Testing, and related disciplines. A high degree of proficiency in Excel and Access required.
• Experience in business requirement gathering, partner with business to understand user processes and procedures
• Experience in improving or re-engineering business processes
• Experience in Billing and invoicing processes related to a large volume of data in the big multi-national corporations, preferably in payment industry
• Bilingual in English & Chinese Mandarin a must
Working Hours: Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours. May require occasional meetings outside of core business hours to connect with global partners and clients.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.