Senior Compliance Analyst - Transaction Monitoring
- Pasay, Metro Manila, Philippines
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 20,500 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Compliance Analyst, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The Sr. Compliance Analyst is responsible for working alongside their reporting Manager, assisting with coaching the transaction monitoring team and supporting in delivery, maintenance and improvement of the compliance-risk control framework. Focus is on the following financial crime risks.
Focus is on the following financial crime risks:
- Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF/Sanctions)
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
- Data Protection (DP)
And on the associated monitoring and reporting obligations; including but not limited to:
- Suspicious activity identification, monitoring and reporting
What we expect of you, day to day.
The role of the Sr. Compliance Analyst is to deal with escalations within the team and provide guidance on rationales. When we receive investigations from Law Enforcement or the Regulator they will support in reviewing the activity in question.
- Develop an understanding of Visa Payments business operations and payment processes
- Provide subject matter expertise and coaching to the Transaction Monitoring team
- Support the resolution of risk and compliance issues, queries and concerns, raised both internally and externally.
- Help the Rules Officer in the review of new monitoring rules at regular periodic reviews.
- Work alongside the Diligence team to understand new clients, the risks and effective monitoring controls.
- Assist with the development of management information in alignment with regulatory and internal policy/risk expectations
- Oversee and/or conduct compliance monitoring reviews and audits
- Undertake assigned Compliance project work ad-hoc (e.g. Data Protection, Fraud)
- Engage with relevant internal and external stakeholders, including other functions and departments, FIUs, law enforcement and regulators
- Identify and internally escalate actual or suspected financial crime incidents
- Keep up to date with compliance legislation and regulation, in particular, the 4th, 5th & 6th EU Anti-Money Laundering Directive and the Second Payment Services Directive
What we’re after…
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years’ experience in a related environment (Payments and FX industry, compliance, regulation)
- Experience of coaching teams and individuals
- And/or related professional qualifications (e.g. graduate degree in law, International Compliance Association Certificates and/or Diplomas)
- Understanding of payments, FX and/or regulatory compliance
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to research into compliance issues
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Attention to detail (regulatory environment)
- Team player
- Ability to think laterally and problem solve
- Self-starter, motivated
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Experience in an FCA regulated payment or financial institution (PI or FI)
- Previous experience in financial/corporate sector payments, FX and/or compliance
- Understanding of IT systems, operational and/or product development payment processes, especially in e-Commerce environments for retail and/or corporate payments
- Able to identify and utilise learning opportunities
- Your Personal Attributes
- Motivated to learn and able to identify and solve problems
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Courteous and friendly nature (team player)
- Recognises the importance of attention to detail (regulatory environment)
- Ability to follow a process driven task
- Confident presenting to key internal/external Stakeholders
Working Hours: Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours. May require occasional meetings outside of core business hours to connect with global partners and clients.