Finance Business Partner - Visa Business Solutions
- Madrid, Spain
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology? Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world? You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, and whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can fulfil your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Finance Business Partner we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
The Central Finance Team for Continental Europe provides financial analysis and decision support to the Continental European markets and European business divisions. We are the liaison point for finance analysis and insights relating to these areas.
FY 2021 will be a critical and exciting time to join the team, as Continental Europe implements its strategy to grow the business, increase cash penetration and generate and sustain new payment flows, while withstanding the shocks of Covid.
We are seeking a finance business partner (FBP) to support VBS (Visa Business Solutions) in Europe. Responsibilities include critical aspects of financial analysis and decision support, and crucially, the production of high-quality analysis to supplement regular reporting and provide commercial insights that support the VBS leadership team in taking the business forward.
The position will report to the Senior Finance Business Partner. The key focus of the role will be to use data and apply analytical rigour to provide insights, bringing life to MI reporting and adding value in business decisions, whether during the budget round, during the year or specific investments decision points. There will be an element of cross-team working, including providing analysis and insights for the Continental European clusters. Therefore, a degree of curiosity, flexibility, the ability to multi-task and be self-driven are all required.
The successful candidate is expected to work closely with the Global VBS team, different Finance teams within Visa including Controllership and FP&A in Europe, and other Finance business partners across functions and geographies.
This is a great opportunity to develop in a business partnering role and support a business which is growing and receiving global attention.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Ø Analysis & insights
· Build a good understanding of the VBS business model to add insightful commentary to standard reports to help senior management run their business
· Leverage data and business expertise to ‘deep dive’ into key business trends and performance drivers to provide new insights and influence business strategy
· Support VBS stakeholders in building robust business cases for new investments, products and services to drive commercial value and support strategic planning and client deals
· Coordinate and consolidate inputs from the Finance teams and VBS leads in European markets, VBS Hub leads and the Global VBS Finance team for an overall view of VBS finances
Ø Finance Business partnering
· Develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders and work closely with them to produce the VBS annual budget, quarterly forecasts and monthly reporting
· Clearly communicate compelling messages to senior executives, external business partners, and Finance counterparts in other functions and regions
· Assist and respond to ad hoc queries in a timely and appropriate manner, and be agile in approach to contribute to successful delivery of the team’s broad range of business partnering and analytical responsibilities
· Excellent analytical, data and problem-solving skills with superb attention to detail
· Suitable experience providing analytical insights in a commercial environment
· Exceptional interpersonal skills to build an effective and trusted business partnering relationship
· Strong oral and writing capabilities and the ability to ‘tell the story’ behind the numbers to senior level executives
· Self-starter with ability to work independently with limited guidance within a complex and commercially oriented environment
· Team oriented, collaborative and resourceful, with the ability to flourish in a matrix environment
· Experience with financial systems, Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau and data analytics tools (R/Python) is desirable
· Experience in the payments and good knowledge of banking industry is preferred
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.