Staff Software Engineer (Java, Spring, REST) - 9-12 yrs exp
- Bengaluru, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We dream of a future where it's easy to pay and be paid. Across the planet. Where ever. When ever. Securely. Easily. We have a great toolbox of leadership technologies including Cybersource and Authorize.net. Together, we are building leading edge full-service Payment Management solutions combining global payment processing, fraud management and payment security systems.
We are looking for a talented Staff Software Engineer to join our team!
As a Staff engineer in Merchant Acquiring & Processing team you will help lead, design, enhance and build our services for Customers in an agile development environment. You will be working with colleagues, who will help, support and challenge you every day. Unit testing, code reviewing, and regular check-ins for continuous integration is just part of your DNA. You will see the code written going to production in few days and used by huge customer base including Apple, Facebook, Nike , Emirates… If this sounds exciting, we would love to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment
We expect our Staff engineers to do much more than just writing code
- Help our client to achieve their real goals by understanding the requirements and how it would help them in their business.
- Use technologies including Java, REST, NoSQL and more.
- Experience building highly scalable, low latent applications with high tps
- Leverage newer technologies and develop solutions to build next generation of resilient, reliable and scalable services
- Lead efforts to architect, design and implement various aspects of our global transaction processing systems.
- Comfortable in leading meeting and discussions with non-technical teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player.
Most important qualities for the candidate are:
- Academics : Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Leadership : leading solutions and working with teams to achieve it.
- Curiosity : A desire to seek clarity of requirements and why tasks are done a certain way
- Creativity : The ability to take a list of needs and insights and come up with other innovative ideas.
- Strategic focus : Skill to understand big picture and stay focused on task to achieve goals
- Attention to detail : The capability to perform any research systematically and accurately
- Strong work ethic : The innate drive to do work extremely well
- Enthusiasm : A passion to understand people and deliver better products and services to them
- Bachelors and/or Masters in Computer Science Engineering from a top tier University with 8-12 years' experience if Bachelors and 8-10 years if Masters
- Brilliant in Java and REST for developing microservices that are easily deployable and maintainable.
- Good skills in Spring Framework, Spring Batch, Spring i/o. Experienced in Dockers for containerization.
- Basic to good knowledge in tools like Jira/Rally and experience working in an Agile team.
- Knowledge of any RDBMS/NoSQL databases.
- Ability to communicate effectively up, down and across to assure that your ideas are heard
- Passion for exceeding expectations and delivering exceptional code
- Please include your relevant GPA when submitting your resume
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind –
making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone
everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the
entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart
of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a
pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is
capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and
businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of
cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners
around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global
economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup,
celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have
a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa
offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is
fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on
delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over
the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories
in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco