Senior Manager, US Client Marketing
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This is an exciting time to join Visa's U.S. Client Marketing team, as we strengthen our focus on deepening relationships with established Clients and launch Visa products with partners in Fintech.
As part of the U.S. Client Marketing team, the Senior Consultant is responsible for deepening Client relationships through consultative selling and delivery of marketing services advisory engagements across all existing Client types which include Issuer, Fintech, Merchant and Processor.
Marketing services involves opportunity identification, pitching, advising and consulting Clients on the application of data-driven solutions to grow Visa payment volume through lifecycle marketing – i.e., new product launch, new customer acquisition, new customer onboarding, and existing customer management. Data-driven solutions entail gathering and synthesizing multiple data points such as portfolio analysis, marketing insights, competitive analysis and product trends (Credit, Debit, Prepaid) to create high-impact marketing strategies targeting consumers and small business owners.
The ideal candidate will have strong critical thinking and sound problem-solving skills with a deep understanding of the payments marketing landscape, direct response and/or performance-based marketing, consulting/advisory background and working knowledge of payment product economics. A successful candidate will create value by identifying and scoping paid engagement opportunities. Once engagements are sold in, candidate will also be responsible for project delivery which requires the ability to translate data, reporting, analysis and insights into revenue generating marketing advisory engagements.
- This is an independent contributor role responsible for cross-selling marketing services as well as leading and delivering marketing advisory services.
- You will be responsible for achieving assigned revenue targets and contribution margins as well as project-level revenue and expense forecasting.
- You will lead marketing advisory engagements across the lifecycle – identify, scope, pitch, proposal, delivery and implementation.
- You will design marketing strategies across payment products (Credit, Debit, Prepaid) to grow Client payment volume.
- You will utilize portfolio analysis/reports, payment trends and marketing insights to create highly efficient, multi-channel marketing campaigns, strategies and annual marketing plans on behalf of Clients.
- You will monitor lifecycle marketing activities, curate content, package and present insights and best practices to Clients.
- You will work directly with a diverse set of Clients (Issuer, Fintech, Merchant, Processor) and proactively seek out, identify, scope and deliver marketing solutions to support Client business objectives and US Client Marketing revenue targets.
- You will participate in client meetings and planning sessions to assess areas where marketing services can help the Client address performance gaps and surface new opportunities to grow payment volume.
- You will collaborate with internal stakeholders and third-party agencies to bring together the necessary expertise to scope (pricing, timeline, resources, project team) and execute on Client projects.
- Lead and oversee cross-functional teams to ensure the successful delivery of client projects (sales, consulting, decision science, product, legal, compliance, marketing).
- Analyze marketing campaign performance to extract learnings and insights and provide Client with recommendations for testing/optimization.
- Accountable for ensuring assigned projects are delivered on-time and within budget.
- You will manage agency partners supporting project deliverables including pricing, timelines and Statements of Work.
- Bachelor's Degree required. MBA or other relevant Master's/Advanced degree preferred.
- 8 years of business experience, with majority of experience in financial services marketing – i.e. direct response, performance marketing, advertising and/or consulting
- You are an experienced marketing strategist with a successful track record of leading lifecycle marketing advisory engagements targeting consumer and small business payments (Credit, Debit, Prepaid).
- You are proficient in identifying, scoping, pitching, and advising Clients on data-driven marketing strategies including segmentation, targeting, messaging/positioning, multi-channel delivery, creative briefings and reporting/insights.
- You are capable of working independently to identify, scope, pitch and lead high-value, revenue generating advisory engagements across diverse set of Clients, i.e. Issuer, Fintech, Merchant and Processor.
- You are comfortable working cross-functionally to execute on Client engagements/deliverables (consulting, marketing, decision science, product, legal, compliance, sales, digital, creative).
- You can confidently lead and facilitate marketing related conversations with clients to surface potential opportunities, scope projects, prepare and pitch client proposals.
- Adept at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- 9 year’s experience with a BS/BA or 7 year’s experience with an Advanced degree or 3 years with a PhD
- You are skillful in building Client relationships and establishing self as subject-matter expert with internal stakeholders and Clients to identify and deliver high-value, revenue generating marketing engagements.
- You are accomplished in developing comprehensive, multi-channel lifecycle marketing project roadmaps and strategy recommendations inclusive of segmentation, targeting, messaging approach, creative, channel(s), timing/frequency and measurement.
- You are inquisitive and naturally curious about bringing together multiple data sources to inform marketing strategy recommendations – i.e. segmentation schemes, modeling, portfolio diagnostics, market trends, competitive landscape and marketing best practices.
- You are knowledgeable about basic product economics (Credit, Debit, Prepaid).
- You are comfortable in ‘white space’, proactively pursues new ideas/capabilities; building out a “playbook” approach enabling scalable/ repeatable solutions.
- You have strong executive presence; excellent written and verbal communication skills necessary to influence decision making and convert proposals into paid engagements.
- You demonstrate strong analytical skills, comfortable translating data and insights into marketing strategies, campaigns and annual plans.
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft products including Excel, Word, and Outlook; advanced knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Office location flexible – San Francisco, Foster City, Atlanta, Ashburn, Charlotte, New York, Wilmington
- No Relocation package is available.
- No immigration support for this role will be available.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones and computers), reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
The incumbent may be required to travel domestically (approximately 25%-30%, post-COVID) for client related work
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.