B2B Business Development Senior Manager - Visa Business Solutions
- London, UK
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This role is a business development role in the VBS team in London, supporting our customers in the UK and Ireland. The aim of this role is to support account executives across three areas, first, helping Issuers develop marketing and launch strategies for addressing business to business payment opportunities in purchasing and travel; second, to directly support Issuers with key opportunities in their own customers and third, ensure that the full suite of Visa issuing and acceptance products are understood and used by Visa clients.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- This is a business development role the UK and Ireland team that focusses on building use of the Visa network and Visa commercial products for procurement and business travel use cases, leveraging Visa Purchasing, Visa Corporate and Visa Business Card products in their new virtual and mobile formats. The role will be responsible for supporting the sales and account management teams with deal analysis, deal construction (including pricing) and supporting deal closing.
- Have a good understanding of the procurement and travel professions and the issues and challenges of each industry, and be able to create new ideas and business opportunities. Be able to work with participants including technology providers, networks and booking systems, and professional associations and lobby groups.
- Work with the cash management and Treasury teams in Visa FIs to position Visa Purchasing, Travel and Visa Business products, mobile and virtual, as an alternative to account to account solutions. Demonstrate to FIs that a Visa network transaction delivers high margin, low cost and highly secure payments that can meet multiple travel and procurement needs.
- Working with the Product management team, co-develop procurement and payment propositions that leverage new partners, including Fintechs, procurement networks and ERP providers.
Have a deep understanding of the payment services used by buyers to pay suppliers, including existing account to account services, (both domestic and cross border) and the cost and benefits of these. An understanding of new request-to-pay and Open Banking models and the ability to relate those to buyer/supplier transactions will be important. Be able to clearly explain the strengths of card network payments.
The ability to analyse and understand how Visa payment services can integrate into new procurement models, such as into the many models of marketplaces, will also be important.
- The successful applicant will have demonstrable experience business development experience in commercial payments. This may be from a card network, a bank, an ERP or procurement system provider, and travel industry provider, a procurement network, or procurement consultancy.
- A general background in payments (card network, cross border and domestic) is important. An interest in the future of payments and the change being driven by regulation will also be needed.
- An individual who has experience in the procurement or travel industry in the UK. This will mean being able to show understanding of the industry structure, its key participants, and key business issues. An understanding of Government and procurement will be useful.
- This is a highly commercial and target driven role and you will need to prove the financial success of your efforts. You will need strong financial, analytical, collaborative and product skills that align with managing major opportunities. This will include working with pricing and deal modelling teams.
- Influencing skills with be a critical part of this role. You must be able to influence both internal and external business partners, and have the credibility to negotiate, strong relationship skills to gain confidence of clients and partners, and the ability to establish open and transparent relationships.
Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are critical. Ideally, you will be comfortable representing Visa with our customers and in public forums, and reflecting the Visa values.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.