Graduate Intern, UX Design (Master's)
- Foster City, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Note: This will be a virtual internship. By applying to this position, a future full-time conversion role may be based in the following locations: Foster City, CA; San Francisco, CA; Austin, TX. Our Visa internship program occurs during the summer months only.
Payments are changing with new players, experiences and expectations. Over half of Visa’s volume is now digital, and many market trends are affecting how Visa and our clients do business. For that reason, the Product team is focused on a holistic product strategy that allows Visa to ship products faster that are more relevant to the local markets in which Visa does business. The organization is at the forefront of thinking and working differently at Visa, particularly as we transform how we design, build and ship products globally for the future.
Visa UX is a tight-knit group of Analysts, Designers, and Engineers focused on helping teams across Visa to improve their user experience. We work in a fun and fast-paced environment; designing, improving, and developing websites and applications for desktop and mobile devices as well as conducting user research in our state-of-the-art Usability Research Lab. Think of us like Visa's internal UX agency, we do.
Specific assignments will depend on upon your skills sets, interest, location and team needs. Job duties and projects could include:
- Design engaging UX interactions for the web and mobile
- Create user flows and wireframes
- Analyze existing software (web and mobile) for Usability and Accessibility issues and provide recommendations for improvement
- Conduct usability and accessibility tests on Visa software (web and mobile)
- Research and document usability and accessibility standards
- Deliver user-centered design solutions in fast paced environment, with quick iterative cycles
- Pursuing a Master's degree in Cognitive Science, CS, Human Cognitive Interaction, IS, IT, User Experience, User Interface Design or a related field, graduating December 2021 or later
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (or equivalent scale)
- Strong communications skills, specifically, the absence of repeated grammatical or typographical errors, clear and concise written and spoken communications, and communications that demonstrate professional judgment.
- Understanding of UX and the design techniques and principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes, and HTML Prototypes
- Ability to analyze written requirements and visually conceptualize the user interface and application flows
- Ability to evaluate a website or application based on a given script or set of guidelines and produce a clear and concise recommendations deliverable
- The ability to take on challenges and address problems head-on
- Strong ability to collaborate
- Highly driven, resourceful and results oriented
- Good team player and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and navigate through ambiguity
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.