Learning & Development Program Manager
- Foster City, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Imagine yourself as part of Visa University, where we are responsible for ensuring that learning experiences enable success and growth for Visa’s employees, partners and clients. This affords you with a unique opportunity to work on some of the most highly visible initiatives inside one of the world’s most valuable brands. The role will allow you to be creative, strategic and impactful. It will also test your ability to thrive under the pressure of intense expectations and a multitude of critical stakeholders, and ultimately be a rock star in a company where industry leadership is the norm.
Visa University under the leadership of our Chief Learning Officer constitutes an integral part of Visa’s HR organization and reports to the Executive Vice President of Human Resources. We are a start-up within an established, successful global organization. We are a team of experts in our respective disciplines, but more importantly, we strive to harness our collective expertise in the most effective way for the benefit of learners. We combine rigor, data and subject matter expertise with intuition and common sense of what will be most effective for the business. We are learner-centric and practice human-centered design. We are agile and like to prototype, test, iterate, launch and evaluate. We are comfortable learning from our mistakes.
- You are passionate about providing delightful and impactful learning experiences to employees, partners and clients globally.
- You are both a thinker and a doer and can constantly switch between the two - operating cool under pressure while creating an atmosphere of calm and elegance is your style.
- You are accountable and take ownership of the projects and tasks you commit to; you follow through and never have to be chased down.
- You have a sense of urgency when projects have critical milestones and lead projects and tasks to completion.
- You are detail-oriented and enjoy ensuring everything is in order and executed flawlessly.
- You are a team player and highly collaborative, getting work done with and through others, while building and nurturing productive working relationships with everyone you work with.
- You are resilient, agile and flexible – you perceive false starts, changing priorities and constructive feedback as opportunities, not setbacks.
- You are curious and have a growth mindset. You are a quick and agile learner, understanding the business and domain in which you operate and how various components of the learning experience come together to create impact.
- You are service-oriented and keep the learner experience front-and-center in everything you do.
- You are proactive and can anticipate issues before they arise.
- You have a global mindset – you take genuine interest in other cultures and embrace the need to operate with cultural norms and in time zones other than your own.
- You are action-oriented and adept at dealing with ambiguity.
In partnership with Product Owners and with guidance from the PMO Director, you will:
- Manage learning development and delivery programs/projects end-to-end, from design through production to successful launch and ongoing delivery.
- Translate program needs into an actionable plan that is repeatable, scalable and balances things like quality of learning experience, available capabilities, capacity and operational costs.
- Act as Scrum Master for the Agile project team, facilitating team success and removing impediments.
- Collaborate across VU functions and the business to ensure all project tasks are accomplished, including taking ownership of specific deliverables, e.g., executive presentations, reporting dashboard, etc.
- Proactively anticipate and mitigate challenges within your programs before they arise.
- Work with delivery teams to ensure successful launch and smooth, ongoing delivery at scale.
- Collaborate across VU functions to ensure all of the right services are there for the program to be successful while balancing between global consistency and localization for region-specific needs.
- Onboard and manage vendors, as needed, to support the learning experience.
- Leverage your strategic and critical thinking to articulate how the program experience you own can scale and evolve into the future.
- Partner with Product Owners and Leadership to manage the portfolio view of product roadmaps and priorities.
- Build productive working relationships across VU functions and the business.
- Leverage cross-functional experiences to drive VU process improvements and other high priority initiatives.
- Collaborate with your peers and PMO team members to continually grow the PMO toolbox (best practices, templates, checklists, tools, etc.) and improve processes.
- Advance the Agile way of working within your program teams and across VU.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Excellent project management, planning and organization skills to lead a concept from inception to execution
- Agile project management experience required
- Experience working in learning and development roles
- Strong skills in the Microsoft Office suite of products
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Agile/Project Management certifications (CSM, PMI-ACP, PMP, or other Agile PM certifications for Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- You have extensive experience with implementing and operationalizing training programs for global audiences at all levels
- You have experience with change management planning and frameworks
- You have experience with vendor management, statements of work, contract negotiation, and vendor onboarding
- You demonstrate learning agility with a variety of content areas and modalities: While you will rely on your experience, you will also need to master new content areas/ways of doing things quickly
- You demonstrate strong leadership and influencing skills
- Great verbal and written communication skills and executive presence
- Experience with various project management tools and Agile management tools/platforms. e.g., Jira, roadmunk
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong business acumen, analytical and problem-solving skills
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones and computers), reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
The incumbent may be required to travel domestically up to 10%
VISA is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law