Technical Delivery Manager - Visa Payments Limited - Level 4
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology? Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world? You will fit right in.
By joining one of our teams at Visa Payments Limited, a division of Visa Inc since 2019, you’ll have an opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Being part of Visa, the world’s leader in digital payments technology, our mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
Visa Payments Limited is a financial technology business that provides cross-border payment processing services to banks and payments businesses across six continents through its global network. One of the fastest growing global Fintech businesses the Group also provides tailored FX and payment solutions direct to corporates through its EarthportFX brand.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we are proud that we are a talented team of 18,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life both within and outside of the office, and whether it is taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Visa Payments Limited and Visa Inc. respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
If you think you could support the Visa family by joining Visa Payments Limited as a Technical Project Manager, we want to hear from you.
You’re an individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
What’s it all about?
The Technology Team is at the heart of the successful execution of the Visa Payments Limited corporate strategy, responsible for developing the technology solutions for a market leading product portfolio, driving growth and profitable revenues through the success of the global sales teams.
With a keen focus on strong commercial product exposure in the payment’s domain, the team is dedicated to building a professional, proactive and market leading technology solutions adopting modern methods and practices. The goal of the team is to create and build a world class technology solution supporting a portfolio of products, adding sustainable value to the business, as part of strategically focused cross-border growth for Visa Payments Limited.
The Delivery Manager provides key delivery discipline to the overall programme supporting the enhancement of Visa Payments Limited current and future payment processing capability. As a key member of the Development Team, responsibility for the managed delivery of change using project management best practice forms the basis of the role.
As an experienced Delivery Manager leading delivery of technical changes in response to business demand, the ability to liaise with all elements of the organisation is a must. A heritage of clear instruction and reporting to manage projects and generate precise actions will be a natural part of the role. The ability to challenge timelines and gain efficiency of delivery with Development Teams’ resources will be something to measure the degree of success achieved with positive results generated.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Own delivery throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, quality, timeline and meeting requirements.
- Develop detailed project plans that meet the agreed goals, seeking efficiency and timely completion.
- Co-ordinate the resources within the Development Team and elsewhere through all project phases, from initial development through to implementation and post live warranty support.
- Monitor project progress and generate detailed status reports on measurable items, including milestones, deliverables, risk, issues, design overviews, goals etc.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements
- Review proposed change controls to project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement beneficial changes.
- Oversee acquisition of resources and materials as needed before and during projects in liaison with Development Team members and elsewhere in the organisation as necessary
- A strong background in Agile delivery and management of delivery backlogs to drive priorities and tasks for the overall project team.
What we’re after?
The areas flagged below are the essential needs associated with the role but do not reflect an exhaustive listing of the required skills and experience to fulfil it. Any additional elements that will further enhance the ability to execute the role are most beneficial.
- Payments, Financial Services and Banking industry experience.
- Able to capture the core delivery tasks and actions required to meet the overall project delivery objectives and articulate these the core delivery team
- Excellent planning ability to capture and sequence all necessary project delivery tasks and share overall plans with appropriate levels of detail for multiple audiences from Exec to delivery teams.
- Strong track record of successful project delivery meeting agreed time-lines and budget demands.
- A keen administrative approach to keep all project artefacts updates, available and maintained for wider project and organisation consumption, for example using SharePoint and disciplined structure.
- A strong communicator able to articulate complex concepts and details to multiple audiences from Exec to delivery teams and customer liaison teams.
- A good grasp of core programming concepts as used in the payment processing domain of Financial Services.
Education and qualifications
- A degree in software engineering, another engineering discipline or a scientific discipline is required or equivalent professional experience
- Recognised Project Management certification, e.g. PRINCE II, CAPM, PMP etc.
Technical Skills - Required
- Agile delivery using Scrum methodology.
- Adept at all aspects of Microsoft Office suite, including Project (or alternative project planning tools).
- Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa Payments Limited is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.