Staff SW Engineer - Big data With Microservices
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Data Product Development division is part of the Visa’s technology organization. The division is responsible for providing value added product and services to our clients and for internal use. The client access to these services are enabled through a set of Data API, BI and Analytics products, Custom applications, Data Streaming & Visualization . The data access is enabled via Web, Mobile and Web services. The BI product group is part of the Data Product Development division that develop and manages various BI and Analytics products and services.
The role is a self-organized Staff SW Engineer with a solid background in implementing substantial applications at the back-end on Big Data ecosystem and Microservices supporting large numbers of users and applications. Architecture, design & development of various BI products and services and the end to end implementation of these services. The system involves many technologies some of which are developed using Java/J2EE, Python, MySQL , messaging & container technologies.
- Design and build solutions using Big Data technologies include the creation of conceptual approach, technical analysis,design,development and support activities
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, data quality, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability etc
- Build logical data models using the technology relevant for the business use case
- Design and Development of Microservices
- Web Visualization and Real-time Streaming Services
- Develop framework for the roll out of new BI and Analytics products by integrating with various BI and Visualization tools
- Work closely with the Project Management Office and various business stakeholders.
- Collaborate across global businesses and technology organizations, providing sound business analysis, process, and change leadership
- BS / MS in Computer Science, or Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in design and development of large-scale data platforms and services
- Strong experience on Big data ecosystem (Spark, HDFS, Hive, HBase ,Solr,Kafka, Sqoop etc.)
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Expertise in SQL & RDBMS
- Solid experience with Java or Scala-Spark
- Working experiance in Micro service development
- Experience in integrating third party APIs
- Working experiance in building high performance API
- Test Automation and Continuous integration using Selenium, Jenkins, Bamboo
- Experience using version control (GIT, Stash) and bug tracking (Jira) tools
- BI tools such as Microstrategy, Tableau knowledge is a plus
- Experience with statistical tools such as R is a plus
- Previous Agile/Scrum experience is a plus
- Good to have working experiance in Python
- Good to have working experiance in container technologies
- Self-motivated, fast learner, great verbal and written communication skills
- Process oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Should be able to lead team and provide technical support
- Work with different cross functional team