Senior Finance Manager - Controllership
- Rotterdam, Netherlands
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Finance Manager - Controllership we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
The Senior Finance Manager, Cluster Controller role is based in Rotterdam, Netherlands. This new role will be responsible for managing the Finance Controllership function for a cluster of Continental European countries. These legal entities are in the process of being incorporated as part of an expansion of the VISA entity footprint throughout Europe. This role has responsibility for all related Financial Reporting and Internal Controls as well as broader Financial Stewardship.
The role will report to the Director, Financial Accounting and Reporting – Europe Controllership to oversee the accounting and financial control for the clusters and countries. The role will ensure the timely and accurate capture of financial information/output necessary for effective management decisions, and in compliance with US GAAP, local statutory laws and accounting standards, corporate policies/procedures and key controls. Additionally, this role will challenge the ‘status quo’ and act as a change agent to drive process efficiencies without compromising on control standards.
· Work effectively across the cluster countries interacting with all local teams, giving direction and guidance where necessary.
· Overall responsibility for the accounting close process for the cluster countries to ensure high quality accounting accuracy, timely and meaningful reporting, and compliance to US GAAP, SEC and SOX requirements.
· Train, support, guide and monitor the cluster units’ conduct of business transactions to ensure compliance with local applicable accounting standards, laws, policies and procedures.
· Ownership of financial change management initiatives within clusters including system implementation projects and associated process improvements.
· Work closely with the business, Sourcing, FP&A, Operations Support and other stakeholders to influence and drive issue resolution and initiate changes to enhance internal control and efficiency. Manage cashbooks to minimum requirements.
· Drive the required changes, lead process improvements and work collaboratively with senior management and various stakeholders. This group will include Compliance, Human Resources, Legal, Business and others.
· Where required, manage the financial statement external audit including completion of audited financial statements, management discussion and analysis for all group entities falling under the clusters.
· Manage relations with professional service providers (currently EY) for production and filing of statutory reporting items according to required timelines. This includes initial establishment of entities and the required engagement with EY and auditors.
· Responsibility for local aspects of any VAT accounting and reporting.
· Creation and development of monthly cluster Balance Sheet process with accompanying explanations and analysis. This would include initial work on Fixed Assets reporting.
· Management of the month end process, including: Good accounting of accruals with sufficient evidence, bookkeeping, and overall OPEX tracking.
· Drive awareness on Supplier onboarding requirements and train relevant parties to ensure that all the suppliers and purchases in clusters comply with Visas internal policy
· Support in Concur, ARIBA and all expense related issues to cluster employees.
· Work with the Europe Accounting teams, when required, to implement new financial accounting policies and procedures.
· Review accuracy of cluster and countries P&L and Balance sheet.
· Managing external and internal auditors in the execution of their financial review and audit cluster trial balances.
· Work closely with UK HUB finance team and other European cluster Controllers to deliver against all Controllership objectives.
· Excellent level of spoken and written English and at least 1 other language from Visa Europe countries
· Extensive experience in audit, financial reporting or accounting operations.
· Good knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and broad internal control requirements.
· Strong knowledge and experience with US GAAP, IFRS, along with experience in preparation of statutory financial reports and VAT or equivalent experience
· Ability to work well under pressure; strong problem solving skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills and ability to work effectively in a matrix management structure in a complex and diverse, international and multi-cultural environment.
· Self-directed and motivated to continuously improve processes to exceed customer expectations and help promote a best-in-class organization.
· Proven process leadership skills, with the ability and willingness to instigate and support change initiatives.
· Big 4 public accounting and audit experience.
· Bachelor’s degree in a business related discipline; Advanced Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or equivalent.
· Previous team leadership experience, managing more junior team members.
· Knowledge of Tax transfer pricing strategies.
· Project management experience and related skills.
· Knowledge of Oracle Financials
· Experience of systems implementation and process migration
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.