Analyst – Buyer and Seller Standards
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Buyer and Seller Standard’s mission is to accelerate the adoption of chip-based secure, electronic payment transactions. It does this by creating best-in-class specifications, features and services, backed up with policies, documentation and tools that promote and ease adoption. The team is seeking an Analyst to support three key initiatives:
- ‘Dynamic CVV2 (dCVV2)’ – a remote payments authentication tool,
- ‘System integrity Fees (SIF)’- a program to motivate more secure payment practices,
- And, ‘Visa Global Level 3 (L3) testing’ - help ensure that chip solutions (POS, Tap to Phone solutions, Cloud-based acceptance solutions, Urban Mobility, etc.) are correctly integrated into the Visa payment acceptance environment and do not unduly contribute to interoperability problems.
The Analyst will serve as project manager keeping multiple work streams on track, a data miner identifying trends and opportunities for product sales, a resource for producing reports and presentations for executive management and as an operational administrator for L3 testing.
- Identify and analyze data to determine target clients for new services, and their likely value.
- Manage dCVV2 service documentation. Create an inventory, identify gaps and work with SME’s to produce or update appropriate materials.
- Work with Product Owner and Marketing team to identify and close gaps in marketing collateral inventory.
- Work with Global Network Processing and Global Systems’ Project managers to track and report on system developments to support the SIF billing and reporting.
- Provide second level support for the System Integrity Fee programs, responding to client inquires.
- Support the roll-out of the System Integrity Fees program to new regions.
- Work with the Product Finance Business Partners to track SIF revenue against budget and develop trend reporting.
- Prepare reports, briefings and other written products for senior leadership, regional teams, and internal stakeholders as directed.
- Produce dashboard reports leveraging Tableau, and draft/develop briefing materials and other related communication products.
- Proactively collate and synthesize regional business requirements for L3 testing, in support of traditional POS and ATM acceptance devices, as well as emerging acceptance solutions (e.g. Tap to Phone solutions, Cloud-based acceptance solutions, etc.) and environments (e.g. Urban Mobility, Fleet, etc.).
- Administer the operation of the L3 Test Case Management Suite (TCMS) for digitized creation and maintenance of the L3 test plans and perform quality assurance. Update and maintain documentation for each new release.
- Provide maintenance support of the global L3 testing chip program.
2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA) , or PhD).
- 5+ years of experience as a payments, risk, or security professional with a financial institution, merchant, or payments company.
- Strong analytical skills, coupled with an inquisitive drive, with the ability to collect, effectively organize, and analyze massive datasets.
- Expert in data visualization tools including Tableau, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Superior written, oral communication skills with an ability to influence at a senior management level both internally and externally.
- Ability to work in a fluid environment with varied deadlines while possessing an intense focus to drive assignments to completion.
- Possesses a high level of self-motivation, initiative and operates effectively as a team player.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 5% of the time.
Incumbent must make themselves available onsite during core business hours, and be available to take virtual meetings in multiple time-zones as reasonably required.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.