Regional Head of Learning - North America
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa University is changing the learning culture at Visa. We are a CEO supported start-up team within a large, global organization. We are a team of experts in our respective disciplines, but more importantly, we strive to harness our collective expertise in the most effective way for the benefit of learners. We combine rigor, data, and subject matter expertise with intuition and common sense of what will be most effective for the business. We like to prototype, launch and evaluate. We are comfortable learning from our mistakes.
Visa University is seeking a high performing leader with strong consultative skills to be the Regional Head of Learning – North America Region. This role will lead a team of Learning Consultants and Training Delivery experts and be responsible for translating aggressive in-market business objectives into concrete strategies and learning success. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, persuasive, commercially minded leader with excellent coaching and listening skills and a demonstrated ability to build trust and credibility. This role will report into the Head of Global Learning Delivery.
- You will act as an SME, advisor and resource to Regional Presidents and North America Leadership Team to develop execute on a holistic learning and development strategy.
- You will build and manage regional business and client/stakeholder relationships in support of assessing organizational needs and facilitating the professional development and continuous learning of employees, leaders and external stakeholders at all levels and roles.
- Understand key business drivers and products across regional functions in order to work with clients and business leaders to identify training needs.
- You will develop, gain buy-in, and ensure successful implementation of both internal and external learning strategies that align with overall regional business goals.
- You will partner cross-functionally within Visa University for the design, implementation, and evaluation of programs that cultivate, engage and develop talent at all levels and roles.
- You will build and execute on the revenue pipeline for client facing learning engagements.
- You will provide leadership and direction for a region-wide team, whether direct reports and/or cross-functional partners, and vendors in understanding regional needs and executing successful solutions.
- You will serve as learning champion and integrate continuous innovation into the regional culture that affirms learning best practices and common standards, policies and procedures, and leaders as teachers.
- You will provide continuous assessment of effectiveness of training in terms of team member accomplishments and performance.
- You will monitor and establish metrics and reporting to ensure learning solutions and results are efficiently and effectively meeting the business needs of the organization.
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD)
- Deep experience in the field of learning and development and managing a high performing team
- You have prior experience managing P&L
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Learning and Development, related discipline or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- You have 18-20 years’ experience in a similar role with a fast growing complex operational and technology company. Digital payments background preferred.
- You have a strong commercial and financial acumen, preferably with experience managing a revenue generating P&L.
- Expertise in talent assessment, learning and development, and organizational effectiveness
- You are a results-oriented leader who is proactive and effective in a matrixed and collaborative team culture.
- You have a demonstrated track record of leading a business focused organization, including upgrading talent, motivating, training and creating a winning team.
- A strong bias for action, the ability to motivate internally and externally to support business objectives.
- You have a proven track record of collaborating with business and functional teams to deliver innovative and sustainable solutions.
- Knowledge of adult learning best practices and training methodology; that includes trends, current learning technologies, assessment and measurement tools is preferred.
- You have excellent written, verbal, analytical and negotiation skills and the ability to motivate employees to solve complex, problems across functional areas of the business.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones and computers), reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
The incumbent may be required to travel up to 20% (post Covid)
VISA is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law