Associate Technical Support Analyst
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
- Desired candidate will be part of the Visa Operations Command Center - monitoring all critical production applications (Digital Mobile Products, Distributed Systems or Transactions) and resolve or manage the prompt resolution of all incidents.
- Participate/ facilitate in critical and major technical bridges or activities, leading and driving calls to resolution to meet group MTTR objectives.
- Correlate critical alerts on monitoring platform with actual system outages.
- Accurately and promptly assess/solicit the impact of a critical/major system/application outage.
- Exercise sound judgment in determining priorities and enlisting support of others to prevent compromises to Visa's business or client service level agreements.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and attempt resolution on anomalies detected on various server operating systems and infrastructure.
- Analyze monitoring results of business critical infrastructure and services and provide recommendations to improve detection and resolution.
- Follow documented operations processes and resolution/escalation procedures.
- Resolve standard incidents promptly without escalation.
- Track and update all incidents in the incident management system, ensuring that documentation is thorough, accurate and meets ticket quality standards. Follow up on tickets assigned to the team to meet group objectives.
- Review and approve new alert handling procedures and ensure they are written clearly and can be carried out by all analysts.
- Propose and participate in the implementation of process/procedure improvements to better the department and services provided.
- Work on multiple platforms including ticket queue, mailbox, alert console and phone calls.
- Offer effective/sound recommendations to address repetitive issues.
- Minimum of 6 months of work experience or a Bachelor's Degree
- 2 or more years of work experience
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Possess Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation Certificate.
- Has an excellent understanding of Open Systems environment (Unix, Windows & Linux).
- Has 1 or more years of experience with IBM ServiceNow or other ticket management tools.
- Hands on experience or knowledge of analytics tool (Splunk, Tableau, etc.) would be an advantage.
- Has 1 or more years operational experience, working in a level one or operational support environment.
- Has excellent interpersonal, customer service skills and English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to effectively communicate at a staff level and senior management level.
- Able to work on own initiative and independently.
- Must be meticulous, highly motivated and portray a sound business ethic.
- Must be able to work effectively and productively in a team and be collaborative with all other teams.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize work.
- Must have an analytical mind - be able to analyze situations and offer solution to common problems.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be work 12 hours shift work during the day (with a 2 weeks rotation). And when scheduled, would be required to work weekends and public holidays.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.