Scrum Master - Agile
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Scrum Master, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Our Scrum Masters are the heart of Visa Issuer Processing scrum teams. They are servant leaders that coach, nurture and engage their teams to delivery world class solutions. Our Scrum Masters bring focus to our vision, purpose, process and quality standards, while helping their teams relentlessly improve.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- You will be the Scrum Master of 1-2 teams and will promote Agile values, principles, and Scrum guidelines within the organisation and with the team.
- You will foster a team culture of inclusion and well-being within the Scrum Team, Agile Release Train and PMO team.
- You will actively help the team remove impediments to meet sprint and Program Increment goals.
- You will facilitate Scrum ceremonies including leading your teams through Scaled Agile (SAFe) ceremonies such as Product Increment planning with the Agile Release Train.
- You will focus your teams on delivering secure, quality working software sprint after sprint, utilising a shared Definition of Done, and will leverage metrics to help the team improve, become more efficient and to set goals for future growth.
- You will drive the Agile mindset in everything you do. Maturing your scrum teams and guiding them towards practices and interactions which influences our corporate culture.
- You will coach your teams to have effective and time-boxed ceremonies which focus on value-based outcomes.
- You will promote a positive atmosphere of collaboration and mutual respect, helping to resolve conflicts through communication and engagement.
- You will collaborate with other Scrum Masters, POs, Product Managers and Architects to build on our SAFe processes, align the train, and deliver software in the shortest sustainable lead time.
Thinking about careers differently...
At Visa, we are passionate to offer our employees compelling career growth opportunities. As such, even if you do not have experience of this function there could be skills or experiences, which would transfer well. For this role, the key skills required are:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Extensive work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or Mid-level work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or work experience with a PhD.
- Familiarity or experience with the Scaled Agile (SAFe) frameworks, and coaching teams to achieve maturity
- Experience with tools such as JIRA, SharePoint, and Confluence
- Knowledge of SDLC and Agile / Lean methodologies.
- Experience in a highly analytical, results-oriented environment with cross-functional interactions.
- Strong analytical, mediation and problem resolution skills.
- Excellent time management, communication, collaboration and organization skills.
The incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
The incumbent must make themselves available to support technical resources in the Asian Pacific time zones.
This position requires the employee to travel for work 10% of the time, or as needed to support business
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the employee to sit and/or stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.