Director, Business Development Leader - Financial Institution
- Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Philippines team comprises of a highly motivated, passionate, business driven bunch of problem solvers who create impactful experiences for our clients. Here at Visa, we strive to excel with our partners and via strong collaboration, we look to enable and inspire all players in the ecosystem to bring the best payment experience to end users. If you are business savvy with financial payment industry experience and have the technical background necessary to help further establish Visa as a leading payments solutions partner in The Philippines, you should apply.
What a Business Development Leader does at Visa:
- Discuss and deeply understand client’s business strategy / model and priorities diversified across consumer and corporate businesses.
- Champion & Lead client in digital innovation across payment and ecosystem solutions
- Identify new payment flows interacting with issuers, and develop CVPs for new products / new segments.
- Cultivate excellent relationship with client key stakeholders (influencers & decision maker) in partnership with product solution and cross functional teams, to integrate Visa’s solutions as part of clients’ process.
- Execution of strategic priorities to accelerate payment volumes, revenue growth and expansion in partnership with financial institutions to drive usage, user experience, new product solutions, ecommerce, cross-border transactions and merchant acceptance.
- Responsible for developing and ensuring the implementation of team, country and regional goals
- Responsible for Client’s forecast, Deal structuring (including negotiation), P&L, and tracking of performance, aligning with Visa’s regional budget / process
- Ensure high level of Client’s Satisfaction and Engagement Scores.
Why this is important to Visa
In this role, you will be the connector between Visa and the clients, being able to showcase Visa capabilities and make impact to the clients business. You will work closely across key functions in Visa such as Products, Business Solutions, Risk, Marketing, Merchant Solutions & Acquiring, Visa Consulting and Analytic teams, to identify areas of opportunity for growing payment volumes, expanding acceptance through implementing new solutions, products and payment services, leveraging Visa and clients digital payment capabilities.
The candidate must understand Payment, financial and banking industry. Have experience in, card, digital payment and good understanding of payment industry opportunity and challenges. In this role, you will be the champion in providing client turnkey solutions to differentiate their products and services as Visa ambassador.
What you will need:
- More than 12 years of proven sales and relationship management (preferably in Corporate / SME ), with expertise in payments/ Digital / financial services industry (Retail / Commercial / Corporate)
- Recognized degree preferably in Finance or Business Management
- Deep expertise in navigating client relationship matrix
- Solid understanding and domain knowledge of the Philippine payments, banking and digital financial services landscape (especially in Cards)
What will also help:
- Prior sales and consulting experience and card products manager within the financial services sector
- Superb Financial Budgeting and Project management.
- Strategic thinking, combined with sharp business acumen
- Strong account management, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and networking skills
- Digital mind-set and adaptive leadership
- Positive, solutions-focused mind-set, flexible can – do attitude,
- Self-driven and result orientated team player
- Self-starter with a commitment to learn and a sense of curiosity
- Ability to navigate and work in ambiguous situations
- Adept operating in a global, dynamic, highly matrixed environment.
Projects you will be a part of:
- To take ownership of the business relationships between Visa and our clients through business development and sales efforts aimed at ensuring profitability and development of Visa’s brand, reputation and business presence and impact. This includes development and execution of business strategies, business plans, sales and projects which propagate profitable business for Visa and for our clients.
- Assess opportunities to introduce relevant Visa solutions to clients and be responsible for account and product business planning and submission of product propositions to clients for consideration.
- Recommend strategy for securing individual clients’ agreements and engagement with Visa initiatives
- Develop individual business case justification for investment decisions and propose to both Country and Regional Management for approval.
- Champion and lead digital innovation, solutions to differentiate client payment products and services