Senior Manager, Account Management
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Client Services provides industry-leading operational support to Visa’s clients around the world. With our deep knowledge and expertise, we are a key internal partner to product and technology, bringing the voice of the customer into the design, development and successful deployment of Visa products and services. In addition to support client implementation of Visa products and services globally, Client Services is also responsible for a host of critical services that support the broader Visa organization and clients, including Visa Rules management, cardholder disputes, compliance, client testing and configuration, and client tools.
We are trusted partners to Visa’s clients, providing expertise to support and successfully grow their business
What a Senior Manager, Account Management does at Visa:
As a Senior Manager supporting Malaysia market, you will be leading Client Services operational and processing engagements. In this role, you are expected to:
- Lead complex cross regional or cross functional client service delivery initiatives and work towards achieving client and key stakeholder acceptance of deliverables.
Understand key market/enterprise initiatives and be the consultant to the country team and clients to support the delivery and ensure readiness
- Ability to support and resolve critical issues. Resolving such issues require in-depth experience, crisis management abilities coupled with critical decision making aptitude which is expected for this role
- Provide insight and input within cross functional Visa organizations for new or changing products and services which may impact their clients, including Visa rules, integrated billing, and transaction research.
- Provide technical expertise to clients to structure effective programs.
- Coordinate directly with client to understand card program set up requirements and facilitate new card program installations, conversions and maintenance requests without client impact.
- Report client project accomplishments and deliverables to management.
- Serve as an escalation point for complex issues encountered by country team members.
- Train team members and backup team members.
- Manage non-routine, complex processing and change requests, as well as tactical and strategic client initiatives.
- Perform data analysis, proactively partner with assigned Account Executives to identify additional business opportunities, present opportunities to clients to drive value-added services and implement recommendations to increase service quality, revenue and efficiency.
- Build and enhances positive working relationships with key Visa client institutions, processors and internal stakeholders.
- Act as liaison for the client; provide problem management, proactive identification of processing efficiencies, service change support and system enhancement support.
- Coordinate internal resources to accomplish Visa and client objectives, and ensure processing system performance standards are met and that the client perspective is represented within the organization.
- Provide proactive planning and operational support to ensure that both the client and Visa are operating in the most effective and cost efficient manner while managing costs and increasing overall transaction performance (including authorization, clearing & settlement, back office processing).
- Stay current with industry and client trends and maintain a strong knowledge of Visa products and services.
- Represent complex customer change requests, system or operational requirements; negotiate and manage expectations internally and externally.
- Develop and manage strategic planning, operational initiatives, special projects and client-driven continuous improvement plans.
- Support biannual business enhancements and all Visa mandates.
- Identify and analyze processing issues with client impacts; consistently communicate situational status and resolution; advise on SLA performance both internally and externally and develop improvement plans to address chronic client problems.
- Requires the ability to collaborate closely with the country team to supplement client relationship building and form key relationships at high management level of banks, fintech companies and startups
Ability to present key aspects of Visa operations with authority to the government stakeholders
- Provide handholding, face-to-face training to clients and processors on VisaNet operations and technical matters from basic to advanced level of audience knowledge.
Ability to deliver Visa technical workshops to varying levels of client knowledge on VisaNet and its core and ancillary services. To effectively simplify highly technical concepts to layman terms and be a market technical trainer is also crucial in this role.
- Engage and enable new client onboarding including Fintechs
We are looking to hire candidates who have already accumulated a variety of experience, you will be curious about the payments industry, results-driven and client-centric. As a candidate you should have:
Local market and regulatory knowledge and functional experience in bankcard operations, preferably Visa, supporting highly complex clients and/or services
Working knowledge of Visa systems including authorization & clearing systems, client connectivity, Visa Settlement Services
Superior interpersonal skills and proven abilities in negotiating with and influencing customers and staff at all levels.
Ability to articulate complex technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support strategic organizational plans.
Strong internal team and external client stakeholder management with a collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style; able to work effectively in a matrixed organization
Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and written capabilities
Excellent time management, project management, organization, and planning skills.
Able to set priorities, influence others, and manage customer expectations.
Responsible for own workflow assignments and must be able to take the initiative to resolve problems and meet deadlines.
Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team, and ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task under deadlines.
Digital knowledge and working with Fintechs is a plus
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required. Ability to speak and understand Malay is preferred
Bachelors/Degree or equivalent experience;
Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of experience in a customer support role in software, financial or information services, with at least 5 years knowledge on payment systems services is preferred.
Demonstrate success in client relationship management.
Role will be based in Malaysia (KL)
Why this is important to Visa
Account Management is a critical function in Visa. We are the subject-matter-experts to deliver best-in-class client services from operational perspective. You will work very closely with country teams with a focus to support the country’s Multi-year strategy. This role will also provide the opportunity for you to be Visa’s advocate as well as the voice of the clients.
This enables us to deepen our partnership with our clients and bring value to their business.
Projects you will be a part of:
As part of the team, you will get opportunity to work on strategically important projects for clients and Visa.
Working with cross-border functional team to identify opportunities and leverage on internal tools and expertise and develop holistic solutions to help increase service quality, revenue and efficiency for clients
Understanding the new products and services requirements and Coordinate internal resources to accomplish Visa and client objectives
On-boarding of new Fintech clients