Staff Systems Engineer
- Singapore, Singapore
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Staff Systems Engineer will be part of a global high performing team responsible for application development, production application support and maintenance of the critical Advanced Authorization suite of Risk applications. The Risk applications make use of predictive modelling to analyze historical and current data to predict fraud risk for authorization transactions, thus enabling Visa Issuers to manage associated risk. The role requires a strong understanding of software engineering process, application support, deployment, troubleshooting in open systems environments. The ideal candidate will be a technically competent individual and have demonstrated expertise in supporting critical production environment in 24x7 and team focused spirit. The candidate will work closely with peers in development and test engineering team within Network Processing as well as other cross functional groups across the organization.
- Work with a team of engineers for the development and production support of Network Processing Risk Applications.
- Provide rotation basis 24x7 production support (on call) to all Risk suite of applications in the production environment. Work with cross-functional teams to ensure minimum to no disruption to the Risk application services.
- Diagnose and resolve problems in production to meet all service level agreements (SLAs), including possible joint analysis session with cross region team, e.g. development team, infrastructure team, to ensure that our production systems are always available and provide whatever efforts is required to achieve this absolute objective.
- Work closely with the development and QA teams to develop install plans, define release schedule and content. Implement changes in the production environment. Take full ownership of the change end-to-end, including plan, communication, engage, execution and follow-up with all required groups e.g. Sysadmins, middleware, database etc.
- Champion security, work with cybersecurity team to ensure all security vulnerabilities are remediated within required resolution timeline. You must deliver software and systems support to the highest level of security at Visa.
- Code & unit test system components and applications in a range of programming languages, including developing tools for automation of routine tasks using industry standard programming and scripting languages.
- Create and Maintain technical documentation.
- Work collaboratively across team in Singapore and US to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Work independently with minimal guidance becoming a mentor and role model for other team members, active in developing new skills and adapt to organization and business need.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Must have minimum 5+ years of experience in developing and supporting mission-critical applications systems in a high availability business environment and comfortable working in Linux environment.
- Proven track record in problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to develop tools and scripts to support automation need.
- Prior software engineering experience, familiar with software development lifecycle phases, agile framework including SAFe.
- 5+ years of experience in design and implementation, comfortable in scripting or languages, e.g. Java, C++, Python, Go.
- Experience with software build, regression, and defect tracking tools e.g. Git, Maven, Jira, and Jenkins.
- Experience with Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, etc., production end-to-end monitoring tools exposure with SRE concept.
- Good understanding of database concepts, MySQL and/or MSSQL and NoSQL, such as Cassandra.
- Experience with IBM MQ, Kafka, etc., Middleware software.
- Experience in Kubernetes, containerization technologies, e.g. Docker, will be added advantage.
- Experience with Spring framework, Angular and UI tools like NGX Admin will be added advantage.
- Energetic individual keen with AIOps, or developing AIOps tools, to modernize operation supports
- Flexible attitude, great team player, highly driven individual and ready to work with multiple time zones cross-geographical teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication and attention to detail skills.
- You will be expected to provide production support (on call) outside the agreed business hours depending on business need on a rotation basis.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local laws.