Principal Program Manager
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Principle Program Manager, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The Principal Program Manager is a critical, high profile role reporting to the Head of Strategic Initiatives within the European CEO’s office.
This role is primarily responsible for:
- Leading a portfolio of strategic projects/initiatives, in partnership with Exec level business sponsors;
- Supporting the organisation in meeting its strategic objectives via the execution of cross functional transformation and change projects;
- Strengthening Visa’s cross functional delivery capabilities and driving the development and adoption of best practices across Europe.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Leading a portfolio of strategic initiatives delivering to agreed time lines, budget and quality;
- Collaborating with global and regional stakeholders to transform unformed ideas into tangible outcomes;
- Securing and maintaining support from key stakeholders (including execs);
- Leading and motivating cross functional teams to deliver;
- Managing competing priorities and driving critical path delivery;
- Promoting transparency and accountability for execution of deliverables;
- Providing clear and audience aware communications and progress reporting;
- Proactively managing and mitigating initiative dependencies, issues and risks;
- Championing initiative management best practice across Europe;
- Translating complex solutions to simple, transparent and measurable plans with milestones and clearly defined accountabilities;
- Supporting the team as needed.
Thinking about careers differently...
For this role, the key skills required are:
- Cool and calm under pressure with a high level of resilience;
- Change/transformation experience preferred with a proven track record in planning, executing, controlling and closing projects with minimal supervision
- Organised and structured. Solution orientated, pragmatic, “can do” individuals with experience of delivering through others. Excellent facilitation and communication skills (written and oral);
- Proactive and resourceful individual with strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation, analytical skills and the ability to drive high profile work independently, where possible.
- Excellent stakeholder management and organisational skills, a willingness to learn and, must be comfortable navigating challenging forces and working in a fast-paced environment with significant change
- Capable of handling complexity and ambiguity, and adapting to evolving organisational requirements; Versatility to tackle a diverse range of issues facing the company (regulatory, commercial, organisational); A problem solver willing to ‘roll up their sleeves’ to get the job done
- Excellent verbal and written communication with strong attention to detail. Interest for planning, executing as well as logistics. Strong emotional intelligence. Ability to think on their feet to identify and solve potential issues collaboratively. Manage and prioritize multiple priorities;
- Prior experience of delivering successful strategic programmes within a Chief of Staff or CEO (or equivalent) office will be an asset.
Whilst some experience is needed, we do consider potential. As such, even if you are not yet equipped with all the experiences listed above, fear not! We are ready to invest in you and help you become the best you can be. All roles at Visa offer compelling career growth opportunities.
- Build support, commitment and respect from others by demonstrating professionalism, integrity and expertise.
- Make a positive impact by executing on commitments to consistently deliver exemplary results.
- Demonstrate excellent collaboration skills partnering with internal stakeholders to support the work of the BPO.
- Embody Visa’s Leadership Principles and inspire others to as well.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.