Sr Systems Analyst (Merchant Billing)
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is currently seeking a Sr. Systems Analyst to play a critical role in the development and implementation of revenue system enhancements and modifications. The Sr. Systems Analyst will be part of the Finance Systems Strategy (FSS) organization, which is responsible for defining the global finance systems roadmap as well as the implementation and enhancement of global revenue systems. The FSS Revenue team works closely with the business owners of the Revenue systems and the Corporate IT team to define business requirements and user stories. Excellent business and systems analysis, critical thinking, and communication skills are crucial for this role. Must also be self-directed and comfortable in multi-tasking, disciplined, and adaptable to change.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Collaborate with business partners and IT teams to develop comprehensive, concise business requirements, and user stories to help drive revenue system solutions, in a complex and high-volume payment transaction-processing environment.
- Lead and deliver multiple system projects running simultaneously.
- Execute User Acceptance Testing (UAT) process and validation of system changes for the global revenue systems in coordination with business process owners. The global revenue systems include legacy systems as well as commercial off-the shelf packages such as Oracle Revenue Management & Billing (ORMB).
- Must have working experience building high volume and large-scale distributed systems. Billing and/or Payments systems experience is a strong plus.
- Anticipate, communicate and escalate system testing scope issues to the IT team and other stakeholders
- Oversee ad-hoc analyses of revenue system processes and data to support future billing transformations
- Communicate effectively and proactively with all levels of management and articulate ideas and recommendations clearly.
- Develop in-depth understanding of Visa’s revenue management systems and processes.
- Drive efficiency and effectiveness by streamlining, standardizing and automating processes and reporting requirements.
- Work with limited direction and supervision, usually within a complex and changing environment, to drive delivery of solutions and meet project deadlines.
- Ensure compliance with Financial Internal Controls and SOX control requirements as deemed appropriate. Identify, recommend and implement control improvements throughout revenue processes.
- Should be able to articulate solutions and provide recommendations for business requirements
- Provide Subject Matter Expert level guidance on testing and functionality of Visa revenue systems to non-Finance users and groups introducing new products and revenue sources.
- Participate in system and process reviews and identify opportunities for significant enhancements in operational efficiency, overall effectiveness and identifiable benefits to the company.
- Synthesize complex data findings into logical conclusions and impact assessment for management recommendation.
- Bachelor is Degree with a combination of Systems/Accounting/Finance concentration.
- 8+ years of progressive system implementations, business requirements analysis and solution building and internal controls implementation and assessment experience preferably with large, multi-national, publicly traded companies.
- Prior implementation experience in Oracle Revenue Management & Billing or Oracle Customer Care & Billing (CC&B) is strongly preferred. Experience with other enterprise revenue software packages (e.g. Oracle BRM, SAP, Amdocs, etc.) also preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to translate complex information into comprehensive, concise and high-quality business requirements/user stories with minimal revisions.
- Excellent data analysis skills and demonstrated experience in testing, validation, Quality Assurance, User Acceptance Testing, and related disciplines. Proficiency in Excel and Access required.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to effectively juggle multiple projects at one time and meet project deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and achieve in-depth understanding of complex processes and systems.
- Excellent understanding of the agile methodology and Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process.
- Background in payment industry and transaction-based billing preferred. Experience and knowledge of Visa transaction processing systems attractive.
· Core business hours of 2-11 IST
· This position might require up to 10% travel