Products & Solutions Manager - Central America
- San José Province, San José, Costa Rica
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Products team is responsible for developing and delivering the future of payments in Latin America and the Caribbean. This role is in charge of product delivery in market, including P&L responsibility, for the products and services portfolio in select markets within Central America & the Caribbean. The ideal candidate will need to define and execute a strategy that includes managing & optimizing the existing line of business, prospecting for new payment flows and delivering new use cases.
- Execute strategic initiatives designed to deliver defined revenue goals.
- Engage traditional financial institutions and non-traditional clients to understand their needs and consultatively sell-in Visa’s products and services
- Manage product and service portfolio in market to identify opportunities for optimization and to deepen and extend relationships with clients
- Identify opportunities for new payment flows and perform prospecting with clients, partners and providers to develop business
- Identify and deliver new use cases in market that combine digital assets and API-based capabilities from Visa, clients and partners to deliver on revenue goals
- Collaborate internally with Product and Country Sales Teams and Client Services organization and externally with partners, enablers and solution providers to execute in market.
Characteristics of Successful Candidates
- Passionate about working consultatively with clients, enablers and partners to identify and deliver superior customer-centric payment experiences
- Self-starter who’s highly organized with an ability to prioritize initiatives based on business value
- Collaborative individual that can interface with multiple levels within a client, internally within Visa and with external partners and enablers
- Strong communication skills to sell-in Visa’s products and services to clients with the goal of solving a client need. Ability to effectively convey market needs and asks to Regional and Global organizations.
- High energy with a bias for action and creative problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of delivering revenue goals
Reporting Relationships and Interactions:
- Reports to Director of Products & Solutions, Central America and the Caribbean Region
- Direct interaction with country and regional executives
- Direct interaction with function leads and Business Development leads in market
- In this role, you will be at the center of a cross-functional team and will have direct interaction with function leads and Business Development leads in market
- Direct interaction with key clients in country & Region
Strategic Nature, Mgmt Accountability, and Scope:
- Deep understanding of Payments, Commerce and Technology Trends that affects the industry
- Ability to identify initiatives to deliver on strategic goals
- Tactical deployment of strategic initiatives
- Revenue planning and budget responsibility
Decision Making and Complexity:
- Project Management skills
- High degree of independent thinking, cross collaboration, stakeholder management
- Operate as a team member in multi-disciplinary tasks
- The ability to influence Visa’s Culture of Innovation
- Requires competency in high-complexity decision-making
- Critical competitive decisions
Financial and Organizational Scope:
- Ability to execute in Highly-matrixed project teams
- Key leadership on deployment projects
- Major impact on country P&L
- Demonstrated track record of measuring, reporting and
- getting things done in a data driven manner
- Innovation and payment technology
- Cross Functional leader
- Human-Centered Design Principles
- Familiarity with Agile Principles, including Scrum and the API Ecosystem
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred
- 10+ years’ experience
- 100% Written and Spoken English and Spanish
Past Experience (s)
- Payments Industry
- Mobile Money
- Digital Banking
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law