Finance Manager, Global Technology
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This is a unique opportunity that calls for an ambitious, hard-working, and highly analytical Finance professional to support the Operations and Infrastructure (O&I) team within the Technology organization. The role supports in-depth business planning, budgeting and forecast management while partnering with cross-functional teams.
This position has direct access and exposure to Finance and Technology leadership and participates in the analysis, preparation, and presentation of key business drivers and financial results used by leadership teams. While financial analysis is an important component of the job, the emphasis is on applying overall analytical skills and experience to become a highly valued business partner.
- Support and assist in leading the coordination, organization and execution of financial planning and analysis activities for supported organizations, including budgeting, forecasting, month-end close, financial reporting, and business case development
- Manage, own, and drive financial and related accountability for key leaders within the O&I team
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders (i.e. management and staff) and serve as a key point of contact for finance guidance and related discussions
- Drive and perform Capital and Program analysis, and monthly reporting activities
- Develop and enhance relevant financial metrics to provide key analytics to business partners
- Partner with business line by providing guidance on budget/forecast and bringing financial discipline in investment decisions
- Proactively communicate business implications observed from analysis and contribute ideas and solutions to business challenges / problems
- Collaborate with all levels of management in a matrix organization structure
- Proactively identify and drive process improvements and simplifications with the areas supported as well as across Technology/Technology Finance
- Acquire and maintain a deep understanding of the strategies, priorities and issues in the division supported
- Thrive in an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Bachelor's degree in finance, engineering, accounting, economics, or related quantitative field. MBA or equivalent credentials preferred
- Minimum of five years of business experience with a financial/analytical/ consultative focus with progressively increasing responsibility
- Proven expertise in financial modeling techniques and comfortable managing large data sets
- Highly detail-oriented, able to ensure quality and accuracy of output
- Ability to cultivate effective relationships and communicate effectively with senior management
- Well-developed strategic, analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Experience in budgeting and forecasting, month end close and process improvements
- Advanced to expert skills in MS Excel and Hyperion (or equivalent)
- Experience working with databases and enterprise financial systems (e.g. Oracle Financials) preferred
- Fast-learner with excellent business acumen
- Strong bias for action and ability to proactively recognize and resolve issues
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse team and produce time sensitive deliverables
- Excellent leadership and communication skills and ability to clearly communicate results to executive management
Work Hours: Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
Travel Requirements: This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.