Manager Global Sales Acceleration
- Austin, TX, United States
- Employees can work remotely
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Sales and Commercial Operations Team has established a Sales Acceleration function as part of the Commercial Operations function. The goal of the Sales Activation program and team is to be a world class sales and partner engine for the transactional business and pipeline within Cybersoucre. To that end, the person in this role will join Commercial Operations team to develop, implement and manage the processes, governance and tools working in close collaboration with the stakeholders across the various functions including Sales Excellence, Marketing, Partners, Operations, Business Intelligence and Product. The role requires experience working with sales, a deep understanding of the field and partner organizations, confirmed portfolio/program management track record, and outstanding cross-group collaboration.
The role of Manager, Sales Acceleration, reporting to the Global VP of Sales and Commercial Operations), will lead CyberSource’s global Sales Acceleration function. While primary focus will be on North America and EU regions, this role is also responsible for the development and launch of Sales Acceleration in LAC, AP and CEMEA. You will collaborate with our CyberSource sales teams, as well as a diverse network of internal stakeholders—to grow our scaled revenue base at an accelerated pace. You own and lead the end-to-end Sales Acceleration lifecycle, whilst working with the Sales and Commercial Operations to develop and ensure the efficacy of the performance metrics related to Sales Programs and Plays. Additional you shall maintain an internal repository for sharing regional best-in-class Sales Acceleration assets.
The Global Sales Acceleration function combines the competencies of sales strategy, performance management, enablement and propensity relevance and program management. Our target candidate should ideally be a highly effective program manager with a deep understanding of sales methodology and sales cycle, strong communicator with the strong ability to influence others through analytical reasoning, creativity, and sound judgment. You should be comfortable challenging the status-quo in a sensitive, efficient, and constructive manner.
• Increase pipeline and improve pipeline conversion rates
• Regularly communicate progress on sales acceleration initiatives (i.e., sales plays)
• Work with stakeholders to define, and document and deploy new processes for activation with Cybersource and Visa Sales teams
• Closely align with Cybersource Sales Excellence, Marketing, Enablement, Sales Operations, Business Intelligence and Product teams to ensure Sales programs and joint solution campaigns are effectively brought to our joint sales teams and deployed in market
• Conduct meetings amongst internal stakeholders to collect and analyze feedback
• Define new requirements for and ensure smooth day-to-day operations of a sales and partner engine
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
Our team looks for individuals who embody the Visa leadership principles of being and empathetic leader, communicate openly, enable and inspire, excel with partners, act decisively and collaborate.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team - Analyzes available data and makes decisions which are best for CyberSource and Visa
- 7 years of work experience, including experience in a P&L support function in a global, multi-channel sales environment
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with focus in Finance/Accounting or related Business field
- Experience in supporting cross-functional initiatives and facilitating collaboration across Sales, Marketing, Finance, Product, Technology and Customer Service organizations
- Proven decision-making/implementation success linking business strategies to business outcomes
- Exceptional leadership and influencing skills - thinks strategically to influence and drive tactical execution; particularly in a growing matrixed organization
- Demonstrated experience in strategy creation and creativity
- Adapts well to continuously changing priorities and opportunities
- Comfortable in executive reporting and creating business presentations
- Exceptional team player
- Must have the ability to follow-thru on a vision with execution with cross functional groups
- Experience leveraging business tools and ability to recommend improvements
- Ability to define processes and work with cross-functional teams to get them implemented
- Strong communication skills especially with remote teams working virtually
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Leads by example, creating a sense of energy, ownership, and personal commitment to the work
- Ability to balance a variety of tasks, lead and direct the work of others
Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communications skills - capable of developing well-structured dashboards, communication packages, or presentation.
Good business acumen to orient data analysis to business needs of clients
Articulate communicator able to translate data and technical concepts for a business audience
Demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, strong attention to detail
Team oriented, energetic, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style
Intellectually curious and continuously striving to learn
Must work well in highly collaborative, matrixed and team oriented environment.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work ~ 5% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.