- New York, NY, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Security Director provides efficient and high-quality executive security support to the CEO and Senior Executives. The role also has responsibility for security programs related to Executive protection, office physical security, life safety emergency procedures, aviation security support and others. This role manages risk to Visa’s senior executives and ensures mitigation through assessment, monitoring, and implementation of appropriate strategies. The position is based in New York may require travel, interaction with the company’s executive team, the ability to work well autonomously and in a team setting.
- Provides support for Global Security & Safety’s (GSS) Executive Protection Program for the CEO and other senior executives based in New York – with a focus on executive protection and special events security management
- Serves as site security lead for Visa’s New York office and East Coast aviation hangar
- Manages and executes security at company events in support of the executive team, clients, guests and various business units
- Utilizes protective risk management and intelligence-led risk methodologies to plan and execute protection and security projects
- Executes overall physical security management for the New York area offices, staff, aviation assets and processes, and manages the executive visitor protocol
- Execute GSS’s Security Risk Review program in New York, collaborating with office managers and executive administrators to ensure adherence with Visa Key Control requirements
- Develops and provides executive residential security support to select locations
- Must have the ability to obtain Federal Air Marshal Service Armed Security Officer (ASO) certification and executes ASO tasks with company aviation assets flying into Washington Reagan Airport (DCA)
- Conducts ongoing threat, risk and vulnerability assessments and cooperates with company risk intelligence team for protective intel management
- Safeguards and maintains highly sensitive and confidential information
- Assists in the coordination of high-risk travel safety programs for Visa Inc. travelers
- Assists with investigations and ensures compliance with corporate policies and procedures
- Coordinates updates for the Site Emergency Response Plans (SERP) for NY area offices
- Is a member of the Emergency Response Team at the NY area offices and facilitates training for team members
- Supports the regional Office Response Teams (ORT) as an active member in coordination with the Crisis Management Team
- Performs incident management anytime and anywhere, inclusive from non-office locations and during non-business hours
- Coordinates, manages and administers vendor relations and contractual agreements for protection-related programs
- Serves as a local member of the Work Place Violence (WPV) Threat Assessment Team (TAT)
- Proactively alerts Visa Management in a timely fashion of incidents posing a threat to company personnel, property and/or assets
- Engages with security organizations and professional councils with the aim to keep abreast of industry developments
- Ensures liaison with local law enforcement, such as NYPD, and Diplomatic Security Service (DSS) Regional Security Officers (RSO) in countries where protective tasks occur
- Participates in Global Security team training exercises and builds bench strength in the GSS team
- Manages and tracks expenses, budgets and activities
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Minimum of twelve years specialized law enforcement, military and/or corporate security experience with at least 6 years of executive protection (EP) experience in these organizations
- Must possess a CCW Permit for New York City and a valid HR218 certification
- Must possess or be able to obtain an Armed Guard License for New York City
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience
- Possesses EP training and experience in the following specialties: team member, detail leader, primary and secondary vehicle driver (including armored vehicles), medical (First Aid, CPR, AED), protective intelligence, use of force and firearms
- Eligible to obtain a Federal Air Marshal Service Armed Security Officer (ASO) certification; possess a minimum amount of 10 years in US Law Enforcement or select US Military roles, good conduct and honorable discharge
- Experience managing security details in domestic and international locations, both low and high risk
- Operational understanding and fluent usage of today’s technology tools across all platforms (PC, tablet, smartphone-smartwatch, radio, satellite, tracking device, etc.)
- Possess a current valid passport and driver’s license
- Maintains a high level of physical fitness and can work nights and weekends as required and at times work uninterrupted with a 24/7 availability during protective tasks (includes working long hours without breaks)
- Demonstrated professional and relevant experience in physical security management, risk assessment, and mitigation measures
- Strong interpersonal skills, tenacity and proven ability to drive results in a complex environment and at different hierarchical levels
- Promotes collaboration and exhibits a strong commitment to team success
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Ability to adapt quickly and work successfully with stakeholders of diverse backgrounds to include differing geographies and cultures
- Fluency in English required and additional language skills preferred
- Familiarity with facility security, processes and environment as well as standard corporate procedures to ensure compliance with policy
- Ability to liaise with internal security and business groups to ensure compliance with Visa policies, internal and external regulatory requirements, government regulations, and security best practices
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours as well as reasonable off-hour work.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 25% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.