Systems Analyst - Application Support
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Product Reliability Engineering group prides itself in keeping the applications and systems of Visa up and running to cater to the 24*7 needs of the business.
- Support critical applications and ensure the stability of the applications by performing proactive maintenance activities, engage in automation activities, do root cause analysis and remediation. The role requires working knowledge of production support processes such as incident/change/problem management, call triaging, escalation procedures and such. The role will also demand the ability to write and maintain scripts to monitor system activity including application smoke test activities during pre and post production implementations.
- We seek an experienced IT professional to join us as an application support engineer working in the Product Reliability Engineering group. Candidate must have 5+ years of software development and application support experience, configuring, and troubleshooting software applications, systems, databases and associated devices. In addition to delivering technically, the candidate should be self-motivated, and have excellent interpersonal communication skills
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree
- Knowledge and experience with Linux and UNIX.
- Experience on Kubernetes, OpenShift.
- 4-6 years of experience overall experience
- Experience with application support organization working in 24*7 environments.
- Good communication skill and ability to work as team player.
- Must poses exceptional analytical, problem solving skills, oral and written communication skills
- Prior working experience in HyperLedger (IBM) to handle ledgers block chain and support Couch DB will be added advantage.
- Intermediate level of experience for Kafka, Zookeeper to handle the system.
- Basic level knowledge on Active/Active setup Application
- Experience in Production support working in a globally distributed team.
- Working experience on Java, J2EE and Python technologies.
- Experience in working with Db2, MySQL DML/DDL SQLs and Store PROCs
- Intermediate knowledge on Cloud and VM ware infrastructure.
- Intermediate knowledge on Load Balancer, TCP layer architecture.
- Strong knowledge of ansible and YAML scripting.
- Experience with Service Now and ticketing workflows is preferred.
- Working experience with monitoring tools like SPLUNK or any other monitoring tools/processes will be advantageous.
- Prior working experience with Card and transaction domains will be advantageous.
- Should have a technical and business mindset
- ISO 9000 and ITIL experience will be advantageous.
- Understanding of core networking concepts such as routing, protocols, subnets, DNS, Certificates, Load balancer and firewall.
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, root cause analysis, application design, and implementing major components for large projects.
- Build tools to automate production support activities that enable efficiency and productivity of Service desk and other operations groups.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
- 24x7x365 coverage with varying schedule options.