Staff Software Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Would you like to be a part of an exciting agile team and have the opportunity to technically lead and drive design best practices, spearhead development and maintain highly available web services? Does the idea of solving challenging technical problems and getting to the bottom of layered intricacies intrigue you? Do you have the zeal and the persistence to see through our vision of Next Generation Cloud Infrastructure Automation till go-live and make it a reality?
Then you are invited to come and be a part of our team and work together to build a wide variety of web experiences which power, extend and showcase Visa's internal Cloud platform. This includes but is not limited to building capabilities for requesting and managing environments using either VMs, containers or bare metal, workflow automation tools and a whole lot more.
- Design, implement and develop world-class software for Cloud components. Marshall “industry coding standards”, design patterns and practices within Visa
- Take ownership of key micro-services and deliver a quality product end to end
- Architect and develop world-class software for Cloud components by auto provisioning systems, host to storage integration and “zero touch” installation of software components.
- Design and build tools to improve operational efficiency of cloud infrastructure in all areas of Infrastructure Automation i.e. Provisioning, Scaling, Availability, Upgrade, Maintenance, Security and Governance
- Coding for auto provisioning and administration of applications on IaaS.
- Work within a highly-skilled team along with Engineering Managers, Technical Product Managers and Program management to determine methods and procedures on new automation assignments.
- Evaluate “Proof of Concepts” based on Long Term Architecture and pilot new tools & technologies.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior team members. Review and evaluate code developed by junior members to ensure we develop only highest-quality code.
- Bachelor Degree/Masters Degree with minimum 7+ years of experience in Software Development
- Extensive experience in design & development of applications on multiple platforms (Linux and Windows), using Open Source products
- Good understanding and technical expertise in Microservices, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure or Google Cloud) and building automation around their APIs
- Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure or Kubernetes certification preferred
- Experience and understanding of Infrastructure as Code, Automation, and Orchestration
- Working knowledge of at least one configuration management tool, such as Ansible, Chef, and/or Terraform
- Experience building service-oriented solutions and RESTful microservices and a strong understanding of Java multithreading, concurrency, and memory management
- Strong understanding of Spring framework internals
- Strong Software Engineering background is required with development knowledge in multi-tier enterprise architecture.
- Understanding of Infrastructure components like Systems, Virtual Machines, Database, Middleware, Storage etc. is preferred.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure, ensuring high-availability, scaling, service discovery, logging, monitoring and alerting.
- Experience of building software/frameworks for infrastructure automation and orchestration
- Excellent coding practices including a proven understanding of design patterns and unit testing
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate the logic and implementation plan to team members & managers.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and highly agile environment
- Showcase excellent debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Have a mindset for continuous improvement and innovation
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.