Sourcing Manager - Product & Client
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
Visa Europe Sourcing
Visa Europe Sourcing has an opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Sourcing Manager to help us to further develop and shape the regional function, design and deliver powerful sourcing strategies and become a strategic partner to the business. Are you interested in the transformation and digital journey? Do you enjoy working in cross-functional teams? Can you bring leading practice thinking and solutions? Are you results driven and ambitious procurement professional? If this inspires and sounds familiar, please contact us because we would like to talk to you.
Providing category and sourcing support to Visa’s Product & Client function in Europe in line with strategies developed by global and regional category leads to manage the category effectively and efficiently, including spend, suppliers’ performance and relationships.
Working in cross functional teams to continue to shape, bring leading practices thinking and solutions to the category by proactively supporting the business in determining and managing the sourcing strategy and plans providing commercial leadership in all sourcing related activities and processes.
Categories in Scope
Systems Integration/ADM, Software (App Development), Professional Services/Consultancy and Reseller Agreements
- Have a detailed knowledge and understanding of the functions business drivers and a comprehensive understanding of how these fit into the overall Visa business strategy ensuring overall success and tangible contribution to Visa Europe Sourcing function’s plans and objectives
- Engage, build and maintain stakeholder relationships to understand business requirements.
- Support the Senior Category Manager in defining and executing the category strategy, through development and delivering on leading practice sourcing strategies based on the business plans and priorities.
- Lead powerful competitive tenders (RFx) engaging cross-functional and/or cross-regional teams and colleagues
- Plan and prioritise activities of the category or sub-categories, to ensure that the most important opportunities in terms of business needs, cost savings and risk mitigation are delivered
- Create and execute the pipeline plans of sourcing requirements, renewals and projects.
- Support business partnering approach to the Product & Client category stakeholders within Europe.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with key strategic suppliers and identify potential new partners within categories of responsibility.
- Collaborate and share the knowledge and experience with colleagues in regional and global Sourcing teams
Key Areas of Responsibilities
Include end-to-end regional Strategic Sourcing, Category Management support, Governance, Key Supplier Performance & Relationships Management, contribution to the S2P process improvements and compliance.
Thinking about careers differently...
- Educated to degree level or an equivalent combination of education and experience with postgraduate procurement accreditation (MCIPS or MIIAPS)
- Extensive experience in Souring/Category Manager roles in Europe and other complex markets
- Proven track record in developing sourcing strategies and successfully leading sourcing and supplier management activities for Indirect Procurement categories.
- Technology/IT category exposure is an advantage.
- Proven capability in negotiating complex sourcing deals with many non-price variables
- High levels of subject matter expertise, with deep market and supplier knowledge
- Good supplier and contract management experience required
- Demonstrable influencing skills and senior stakeholder management
- Excellent project leadership and communication skills
- Energy, pace and an impeccable track record of delivery
About Product & Client Function
Payments are changing with new players, experiences and expectations. Over half of Visa’s volume is now digital, and many market trends are affecting how Visa and our clients do business. For that reason, the Product team is focused on a holistic product strategy that allows Visa to ship products faster that are more relevant to the local markets in which Visa does business. The organization is at the forefront of thinking and working differently at Visa, particularly as we transform how we design, build and ship products globally for the future.
Product & Client Function’s Strategic Priorities
The Product team is focused on four strategic areas that align with our company strategy and priorities, including access and engagement, new payment flows, value added services for cardholders, and clients and partners
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.