Summer Intern, Systems Engineering (Undergrad)
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Due to COVID-19 travel and entry restrictions, this year’s Internship Program is only available to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We will review and adjust this approach as appropriate for future programs.
The Visa Internship Program is the biggest step you can take to joining our Revolution of Payments Innovation. Throughout the 12 weeks at Visa, you will take on meaningful work, get executive exposure, engage in out-of-the-box problem solving, and participate in social and community service activities. From technology to business, we are looking for people who can innovate, collaborate and drive Visa into the next era of an already rapidly-evolving digital market place. If you’re up for the challenge, please consider joining our team.
As an Intern, Systems Engineer in O&I, you will have an opportunity to play a key role in application life cycle. For example, building infrastructure which includes compute, storage, database and middleware, tuning environment per application need, monitoring components, compliance checks and security remediation, etc.
Some of the things you may work on as an Intern, Systems Engineer include:
- Work in a fast paced environment while ensuring the uptime of VISA’s products to customers
- Opportunities to work with industry leading technology in virtualization, cloud computing and configuration automation (includes operating systems such as RHEL, Windows & cutting edge containers Docker).
- Participate in designing innovative solutions for highly secure and available environments (includes latest Database & Middleware tools such as tcServer, tomcat, IBM WebSphere, web servers, IIS, MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL, NoSQL, Cassandra, Redis)
- Work with other partners in the organization such as support, development, and user groups to manage requests from the perspective of infrastructure design and functionality
- Work with vendors on software upgrades and problems
- Lead problem resolution and improvement efforts
- Drive constant interaction with developers, architects, and project managers
To apply for an internship, you would need to be:
- Undergraduate students graduating in 2022 or later
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a related field
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to take on challenges and address problems head-on
- Strong ability to collaborate
- Highly driven and resourceful
- Able to pursue a full-time internship from May to August 2021
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.