Senior Manager – Marketing Analytics & Solutions Advisory
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Marketing Measurement & Insights team sits within the Marketing function of Visa in Asia Pacific (AP) with a vision to be an insight-led engine of advisory. The team delivers insights & measurement analytics based advisory to internal Visa stakeholders and as a Value-Added Service (VAS) to our clients & partners.
What a Senior Manager – Marketing Analytics & Solutions Advisory does at Visa:
This Sr Mgr role reports to the Head of Marketing Measurement for AP and will operate within the Marketing Measurement practice area with a focus on measurement analytics deploying varied tools & solutions and developing Marketing Measurement as a VAS for Visa’s clients.
Internally, this role will project manage Marketing analytics in partnership with the Global Insights & Analytics team to measure the business impact of Visa’s AP Marketing investment in short term (Marketing ROI, Test/Control, etc.) and long term (using advanced analytics). The role will report and advise on marketing effectiveness and efficiency for campaign launch/execution, inform volume & revenue projections to support business cases & provide optimization guidance for marketing investments during the annual operating planning process. Additionally, this role will develop Marketing Measurement as a VAS service line for clients in partnership with Visa’s Client Marketing and Consulting & Analytics teams.
Why this is important to Visa
The Sr Mgr plays a vital role in marketing investment decisions through effective assessment & optimization of marketing investment and delivering revenue to Visa by offering Marketing Measurement advisory as a VAS to Visa’s clients.
What you will need:
The incumbent should be an expert at marketing performance analytics including media mix modelling & test-control analytics, and should possess rigorous experience in integrating marketing performance insights to clearly communicate & recommend actions. They should be able to develop and sell Marketing Measurement tools & capabilities as VAS to clients:
- Relevant graduate degree from top-tier institution or similar academic experience such as Statistics, Marketing Sciences, Econometrics or Business Management
- 10 years of experience in a global or multi-national business strongly preferred, including time in marketing or media analytics, marketing sciences or media research; preferably agency experience servicing clients
- Strong analytical capabilities including marketing performance analytics (such as regression analysis, cluster analysis, discriminant analysis, SEM, MMM, Multi-touch attribution, etc.) as well as project management experience
- Excellent storytelling, presentation, verbal & written communication skills
- Active Team player & contributor with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Proficient in Tableau, SPSS/SAS, R, MS applications including Excel and Power Point
Visa looks at each and every team member as a leader that exemplifies specific leadership qualities; some critical leadership principles needed for this role:
- We act decisively by responding quickly and effectively to changing needs; being a self-starter & entrepreneurial, proactively managing deliverables and expectations
- We communicate openly, honestly and respectfully by building relationships across local, regional and global lines – ensuring opinions are heard
- We excel with partners by building consensus and influencing a broad set of constituencies
- We enable & inspire by actively promoting an environment of inclusion and diversity of thought
What will also help:
- Post graduate or MBA degree
- Marketing research experience & know-how; preferably in a market research company or media research domain
- Broad understanding/experience in payment cards & financial services is a plus
- Proven ability to work in dynamic matrixed organizational environment and operate effectively under ambiguity
- Able to engage, influence and build credibility with management and key stakeholders
- Experience and familiarity working in Asia Pacific countries with understanding of cultural differences
- Multiple language capability a plus (eg. Mandarin, Japanese, Korean)
Projects you will be a part of:
- Build working relationships with key stakeholders; the AP Hub & Country Marketing teams, Global Insights & Analytics team, and Visa’s media agency to develop and deliver timely, consistent, and accurate marketing measurement analytics based insights
- Lead Marketing ROI project for AP:
- Liaise with Global MROI team for implementation and running of MROI across AP region; ensuring timely, consistent reporting, and presenting of the results to all key stakeholders
- Provide timely MROI based inputs to the media agency so as to estimate media thresholds and investment guidance for varied marketing initiatives
- Support Multi-year Planning (MYP) and Annual Operating Planning (AOP) process with investment guidance leveraging MROI based scenario optimizations and forecasts
- Roll-out analytics to uncover long-term impact of marketing
- Analyze, report & present results for co-marketing campaigns using Client & Merchant Marketing Measurement tool
- Develop, package, and communicate marketing best practices based on marketing performance
- Develop and sell Marketing Measurement capabilities as a VAS for clients in partnership with country Client Marketing and Consulting & Analytics teams; including developing sales materials, sharing sessions, training, developing new capabilities, etc