Sr. Software Engineer- Hadoop/Big Data Solutions Engineering
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You'rean Individual. We'rethe team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- Lead and participate in the design and implementation of our Analytics infrastructure to align with the vision of Visa Data Platform Infrastructure.
- Design and implement technical solutions to support the ecosystem of Analytics Infrastructure.
- Responsible for the implementation of ongoing Hadoop infrastructure including monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting.
- Design, implement and maintain security, data capacity, node forecasting and planning.
- Provide hardware architectural guidance, plan and estimate cluster capacity, and create roadmaps for the Hadoop cluster deployment.
- Closely work with the Hadoop development, infrastructure, network, database, and business intelligence teams.
- Work closely with engineering managers and development teams to ensure that applications are designed with scale and operability in mind
- Ensure excellent operational support for live site and responding to outages and triaging cases escalated by clients/internal teams
- Participate in a 24x7 rotation for production issue escalations.
- Communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related technical discipline.
- 7+ years of Technical Solution engineering and development experience.
- 3+ years of experience in Python & Shell.
- Experience in deploying/configuring core Apache Hadoop and related infrastructure.
- Experience in tools integration, automation, configuration management systems.
- Experience in Bigdata Technologies (Hadoop/Spark/Hive/Presto/HBase...), streaming platforms (Kafka), containers and Kubernetes
- Good knowledge of Unix system, web technologies, databases and public cloud systems like AWS, Networking, Systems
- Good to have experience in Agile methodology and CICD - tool Integration, automation, configuration management in GIT
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, analytical and problem solving skills
- Appreciation of diverse LOBs(Line of business) and their platform needs combined with deep technical expertise are required for the role.