Manager, Visa Ventures
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa Ventures is the corporate venture investment function of Visa, Inc. With a global focus, the team engages with innovative payments, fintech, and technology companies and seeks to identify and invest in the most attractive opportunities that give Visa early access to innovative technologies and emerging themes.
The Manager will work with the Ventures team across all aspects of deal sourcing, evaluation, and execution, including landscape research, theme development, company prospecting, term sheet drafting, financial modeling, due diligence, negotiation, and preparation of investment committee materials. The employee will interface with entrepreneurs, other investors, and Visa stakeholders and leadership.
- Autonomously identify, source, and evaluate early-stage startups aligned with Visa’s key investment themes and areas of strategic interest
- Build and manage relationships with external partners to generate deal flow, including with venture capital firms, accelerators, strategic corporate partners, and entrepreneurs
- Be an ambassador for Visa Ventures at external conferences and networking events
- Perform product, business, and financial due diligence on companies of interest
- Generate investment memos and related materials for Visa’s executive investment committee
- Coordinate cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to evaluate opportunities and perform due diligence on investments
- Manage Visa’s portfolio of existing investments, including resulting commercial engagements
- Continually monitor and evaluate the payment and fintech landscapes to identify potential trends, opportunities, and threats
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative or relevant field, such as computer science, math, engineering, statistics, finance, business, etc. or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 4-6 years relevant experience venture capital, corporate venture, private equity, and/or investment banking preferred
- Experience in financial modeling used for investment/valuation decisions
- MBA preferred
- End-to-end transaction-execution experience related to investing or M&A preferred
- FinTech or payments industry knowledge
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.