Sr. Systems Engineer (Big Data Reliability Engineering)
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Big Data Reliability Engineer the candidate will work act as a technical expert as a part of the group of highly motivated engineers on the development and designing solutions.
The candidate will work on the initiatives not limited to Big Data Services to ensure the performance and resiliency are best in class and can meet the strict OLA and SLA commitments. You will review the architecture in parallel with the partners in core engineering and product development teams, will develop API (s) and will identify opportunities to improve and optimize the overall experience.
- Stay on top of the open source technology, cloud services and train other members of the team to adopt new technology.
- Demonstrate technology expertise and deep architectural and application knowledge to keep the system performance stable with zero impact to the business
- Provide hands-on development solution for performance tuning of the Open Source Platforms.
- 24X7 on Call Support and Security Patching Activities, Rotating Weekends
- Build relationships with all technical experts across technology organizations and to discuss, collaborate and promote architectural production best practices across technology organization
- Build Big Data Technology stack clusters to do the reliability assessment and production stability.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree
- Technical knowledge on Big Data Environment e.g., Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Hands-on work experience in designing, building and running critical business solutions on large scale platforms with a Bachelor’s Degree;
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting, performance tuning of real time/near real time streaming applications
- Strong business ethics, self-discipline and trustworthiness to handle sensitive confidential data in live production environment.
- Experience working in a globally distributed team
- Experience in Cloud Services, API(s) Development.
- Must have strong self-motivation, sense of ownership and ability to retain focus under stress during crisis situations.
- Strong Team player and ability to collaborate as part of virtual team across the globe
- Ability to identify knowledge gaps and provide technical guidance/mentoring to others to help grow talent
- Incumbent must be a quick learner to learn new technology, application or tools and ability to cascade the knowledge to others
- Ability to provide solutions to various business and technical problems, evaluate alternatives and be able to present recommendations and justifications to management
- End-to-end architecture knowledge on ETL Solutions and Big Data Platform
- Hands-on experience in Python Scripting, Linux Shell Script, Java/J2EE and Scala
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.