Senior Manager, Account Management
- Beijing, China
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Global Client Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors and merchants worldwide to develop and deliver the support model for Visa Inc. This includes day-to-day operations and product support, back office support and customer performance reporting.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving complex problems, taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions, and managing & supporting global and market projects. This role serves as a trusted technical/functional specialist and works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
- Considered the functional expert for their client's processing and operational business.
- Provide insight and input within cross-functional Visa organizations for new or changing products and services, which may impact their clients, including Visa rules, integrated billing, transaction research, and domestic processing.
- Act as liaison for the client; provide problem management, proactive identification of processing efficiencies, service change support and system enhancement support.
- Coordinate internal resources to accomplish Visa and client objectives, and ensure processing system performance standards are met and that the client perspective is represented within the organization. Support China Market Entry project and lead Client Services workstreams for client migration and onboarding.
- Provide proactive planning and operational support to ensure that both the client and Visa are operating in the most effective and cost efficient manner while managing costs and increasing overall transaction performance (including authorization, clearing & settlement, back office processing).
- Stay current with industry and client trends and maintain a strong knowledge of payments industry and Visa products and services.
- Represent complex client change requests, system or operational requirements; negotiate and manage expectations internally and externally.
- Develop and manage strategic planning, operational initiatives, special projects and client-driven continuous improvement plans.
- Identify and analyze processing issues with client impacts; consistently communicate situational status and resolution; advise on SLA performance both internally and externally and develop improvement plans to address chronic client problems.
- Support biannual business enhancements and all Visa mandates.
- Partner with assigned Account Executives to identify additional client business opportunities and processing improvement.
- Perform ongoing proactive operational reviews to include billing and transaction processing.
- Provides thought leadership and strategic guidance during the solution development process to ensure all necessary tools, processes, procedures and staff are in place to provide outstanding client support
- Maintain and build close rapport with regional peers and other Client Support teams across Visa Inc. to exchange, learn and leverage best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Requires a minimum of 10+ years’ experience in a customer support role in financial services, payment card, software or information services and progressive leadership experience
- Must be a self-starter with proven abilities in organizational, conceptual, and logical problem solving.
- Ability to lead and drive cross-functional ad-hoc team to achieve and exceed established goals and objectives
- Customer focus with proven ability to establish productive working relationships with staff and management at all levels.
- Ability to set priorities and manage customer expectations, and work both as part of a team and independently.
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to absorb technical information and apply to business solutions.
- Proficiency providing technical and consultative support to external customers and identify business needs.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required.
Working Hours: Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours. May require occasional meetings outside of core business hours to connect with global partners and clients.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.