Senior Systems Engineer - Java/C# Development
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Operational Performance Metrics team translates business requirements into insightful reports and dashboards for a variety of internal stakeholders. We provide the Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Driven Insights to track progress against goals, projects, process improvements, and compliance. In addition, we write software to integrate disparate data sources and optimize workflows in existing operations and data management systems central to the Operations and Infrastructure organization.
Software Engineering and Development
- Full stack developer able to translate business requirements into optimized code for a variety of different operations systems including a homegrown reporting tool as well as infrastructure deployment and demand management tools.
- Building and managing development, test, integration, performance and stage environments
Performance Metrics and Reporting
- Deliver reporting and analytic solutions to business stakeholders using using BI tools, ServiceNow, SQL, Excel etc
- Develop and build technology solutions to capture metrics across disparate systems covering the Infrastructure technology stack -- including metrics related to transaction loss and availability, Incident, Program and Change Management, IT Disaster Recovery, Data Center Performance and Program Management, CMDB.
- Work as an internal technical consultant by defining requirements, developing solutions after translating business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs within Operations & Infrastructure (O&I) and other business organizations.
- Accountable to ensure deliverables to business stakeholders are complete, consistent, high quality, on time, and deliver valued outcomes.
- Leverage data analysis and technology infrastructure acumen to prototype new infrastructure tools
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Problem solving ability using data structures and algorithms.
- Experience in the development of software applications based on REST API architecture.
- Knowledge in back end languages, technologies and frameworks (Java/C#)
- Knowledge in creating and maintaining databases (MSSQL, MySQL).
Position Location: position and incumbent must be based in Bangalore, India. Visa will not provide relocation assistance in connection with this position.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position does not require the incumbent to travel.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.